DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I doing something wrong?

MARK (LI)

Reactions
On tutorial videos when the instructor is showing his screen...he has this Icon in the center at the bottom that seems to indicate the direction of the drone ...I tried to get a screenshot of it but it won't allow me to paste it...I don't see it on my screen....did I turn that off somehow?

On tutorial videos when the instructor is showing his screen...he has this Icon in the center at the bottom that seems to indicate the direction of the drone ...I tried to get a screenshot of it but it won't allow me to paste it...I don't see it on my screen....did I turn that off somehow?
That's an older version of the Fly app. They've removed it in the current version. You can access a similar display by tapping in the corner of the map (lower left corner of the screen)

Just one of millions of pages that are not taken down or updated. Always frustrating when you want and answer and you are only getting old pages.

The change is certainly not for efficiency. Stabbing your finger into that corner for a very necessary item can be, well, tap, tap, darn, thing, open, tap, tap. The original configuration, at least to me, proved more efficient and upped the safety level.

Never bothered with that function. I just expand the map lower left side to show my flight out and the drones orientation. It’s very clear where I am, where the drone is, and which way it is facing.
Use an IPad Mini so screen fairly big.

That's an older version of the Fly app. They've removed it in the current version. You can access a similar display by tapping in the corner of the map (lower left corner of the screen)
I miss the old version with the direction indicator, but I’m getting used to the new compass style feature. It is much less user friendly in my opinion. Has anyone mastered it? Is yes? Would you share a quick tutorial?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying