DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Am I doing something wrong?

goonz

Reactions
I plug my rc (using the socket on the left hand side) into my tablet, but I've noticed the rc power seems to go down quite quickly. Am I inadvertandly charging my tablet from the rc ? Should I be plugging the rc into the usb under it?
Sorry, i'm a newbie to my mpp so probably a simple answer is coming my way!!

Reactions: Slade
You mention that you are a newbie so I am assuming that your MPP is new as well. If so, the RC battery probably needs a few charge/discharge cycles to gain full strength.

Regarding the side socket, that should have no effect on battery life besides normal usage. I use the center USB port for a more stable connection and that port will throw a charge on my tablet yet still have enough power for three MP batteries.

Reactions: WAXMAN
You mention that you are a newbie so I am assuming that your MPP is new as well. If so, the RC battery probably needs a few charge/discharge cycles to gain full strength.

Regarding the side socket, that should have no effect on battery life besides normal usage. I use the center USB port for a more stable connection and that port will throw a charge on my tablet yet still have enough power for three MP batteries.
Thanks, that makes sense. Yes it was brand new (i'd been practicing on my Spark for the last 6 months)

Reactions: jimlips
I believe even with MP1 an Android will take charge current from the RC. It shouldn't be more than 500ma, which is the original USB max power standard.
Also the power may need to be there for Androids, as some might not recognize a USB A connection without it.

apart from making sure that both the controller and you viewing device are fully charged ,then unfortunately the device will take on some charge from the controller.

i had been using an android device for the last couple of years with my drones and although it worked very well it did take quite a lot of power from my controller of my MPP

i bit the bullet on an IOS device a month ago and am amazed at the difference it has made to the controller battery life before i would struggle to fly 5 batteries and would have less than 25% battery left on the controller

since going to IOS i can fly 5 batts and have 50-60% battery left, a good way to help with battery life, is to disable cache to device in the app and just save your images on the SD card in the drone.

I did the same as @old man mavic by changing to an IOS device (iPad in my case). Now the RC does not charge the iPad.

With the Android device (Samsung Galaxy S7) that I was previously using, I found that turning off "fast charge" and also changing the setting for what happens when the USB cable is attached from "charge the device" to "MIDI" significantly reduced the rate of RC battery depletion.

LiION chemistry doesn’t need and won’t benefit from any form of conditioning- that is the usable capacity is as good after the first charge as it might ever be. This is a prevailing myth that might have some relevance to other chemistry types- no application here.

I plug my rc (using the socket on the left hand side) into my tablet, but I've noticed the rc power seems to go down quite quickly. Am I inadvertandly charging my tablet from the rc ? Should I be plugging the rc into the usb under it?
Buy an Ankar cable from Amazon. You won’t regret it. Happy Flying?

Reactions: WAXMAN
Hi
I use my ipad mini 2 with my mavic platinum and with 4 batteries it lasts a very long time Regards Irvine Portsmouth UK

LiION chemistry doesn’t need and won’t benefit from any form of conditioning- that is the usable capacity is as good after the first charge as it might ever be. This is a prevailing myth that might have some relevance to other chemistry types- no application here.
Good to know. Thanks for the information.

Android devices will charge off the controller, OSI devices have a setting you can turn off to prevent that

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98