DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazing SDK News! Mavic Mini support is on the way

MavicPilotGermany

Reactions
Hello mavic owners,

i wrote the DJI SDK Support team and ask them for SDK Support for the DJI Mavic Mini. Im proud th share with you the answer i've got.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191223-124628_AquaMail-01.jpeg
    Screenshot_20191223-124628_AquaMail-01.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
The DJI SDK Software Development Kit.
This allow 3th party developers to create apps like litchi for the mavic mini and add some nice new features for the mavic mini.

Reactions: Antaire
Hello mavic owners,

i wrote the DJI SDK Support team and ask them for SDK Support for the DJI Mavic Mini. Im proud th share with you the answer i've got.
So exactly the same as I confirmed in this thread on exactly the same subject?
Whats different?

Good news for you Mavic Mini flyers soon will enjoy Litchi waypoints good luck

Awesome news man, hope they do this for all dji future drones as well, thanks for sharing.
Hello mavic owners,

Please someone develop an app so that you can control the Mini with your phone only (without needing the RC). This is an unforgivable omission for what is supposed to be a super portable travel friendly drone. You can't so much "just put it in your pocket" when you also have to carry around an RC and then go through the whole RC setup/bonding thing.

Next let's work on Active Track.

Please someone develop an app so that you can control the Mini with your phone only (without needing the RC). This is an unforgivable omission for what is supposed to be a super portable travel friendly drone. You can't so much "just put it in your pocket" when you also have to carry around an RC and then go through the whole RC setup/bonding thing.

Next let's work on Active Track.
Not possible, since MM uses enhanced WiFi. Hardware/firmware would need to be changed in order for the communications from AC to be compatible with a phone. After all, when you fly your MM, does it show up as an access point in the WiFi settings of your phone?

Don’t know guess we will just have to wait-and-see.

Is it going to be a firmware update ?

SDK, Software Development Kit, is what's required in order for third parties to be able to develop software for the Mini. Without it, only Dji can provide software.

Unfortunately, the release of the SDK has been pushed back. There is no estimated date now.

1585774904144.png

News from DJI

Support is comming in the middle of the year. Can`t wait for litchi support :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke