DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

AMAZING !!

ninja_geezer

Reactions
Amazing display of human ingenuity. Watched a few more on youtube, and they are utterly mind-blowing in their complexity. To have thousands of drones flying in such close quarters, without a mishap due to gusts of wind, or GPS error, is further testimony that precision flight is now a reality for drone technology.

Fireworks look positively archaic in comparison to these mass displays of drone prowess, with the big bonus that drone displays can be virtually silent, for the benefit of people who associate explosions with trauma.

Happy New Year 2021, and join me in sweeping that ignominious year 2020, into the dustbin of history.

Amazing indeed ,and very moving ,happy new year to all on the forum ,farewell to the year from way down.

Yes truly spectacular, i can't get my head around how these displays are achieved
but a big well done to those who have actually done it.
i'm guessing non of the drones involved went into ATTI mode ?
HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.

A must see ,just watched this absolutely brilliant.

Online drone display lights up skies for Hogmanay

Happy new year
One of the most awesome things I have ever seen. I cannot even fathom how in the heck this was accomplished!

My best Happy New Year's wishes to all of you drone enthusiasts out there throughout the world. We are a sort of special fellowship (ladies included of course).

Dale
Miami

Amazing how the most advanced electronics can be over ridden by the one guy programming that doesn't know how to spell. FARE THEE WEEL?? Nice show though. How long before there's a kit on the market that let's you do your own sky shows?

Reactions: jacquespa
Amazing how the most advanced electronics can be over ridden by the one guy programming that doesn't know how to spell. FARE THEE WEEL?? Nice show though. How long before there's a kit on the market that let's you do your own sky shows?
I had just assumed the spelling was different as many words are between Europe and USA. They should be called out if the spelling is incorrect, regardless of the continent that you reside. It’s embarrassing.

I had just assumed the spelling was different as many words are between Europe and USA. They should be called out if the spelling is incorrect, regardless of the continent that you reside. It’s embarrassing.
Scotland....pretty sure they use English. Maybe they were trying to spell it phonetically with a Scottish accent lol

Could work...me n 20 of my drone friends trying to co-ordinate to form a pattern in the sky at night. That would work weel (sic)...I'm sure. Maybe get 20 0r 30 minis and write your own program to co co-ordinate 10 0r 15 thousand worth of hardware to work with one controller and form designs from a pre-set pattern. Better have OA though.

Scotland....pretty sure they use English. Maybe they were trying to spell it phonetically with a Scottish accent lol
Maybe. There are many words spelled differently in UK than in the US. I had just assumed this was another one that was unaware of. Where there are differences, I always give way to the birthplace of our language. I assume we in the US are misspelling and mispronouncing quite a few words just from being a regular viewer of the BBC.

Clearly this off topic. The video is still amazing regardless of the spelling error.

Reactions: Little bird
There are no misspelled words at all.

Scots (Scots: Scots, Scottish Gaelic: Albais/Beurla Ghallda) is a West Germanic language variety spoken in Scotland and parts of Ulster in the north of Ireland (where the local dialect is known as Ulster Scots). It is sometimes called Lowland Scots to distinguish it from Scottish Gaelic, the Goidelic Celtic language that was historically restricted to most of the Highlands, the Hebrides and Galloway after the 16th century. Modern Scots is a sister language of Modern English; the two diverged in the Early Middle English period (1150–1300)

Scots is recognised as an indigenous language of Scotland

'Weel' is a Scots pronunciation of 'well'.

It was also used by the famous poet : Robert Burns
In the 4th verse of this famous poem, the term "Fare Thee Weel" is used.

A Red, Red Rose​

BY ROBERT BURNS
O my Luve is like a red, red rose
That’s newly sprung in June;
O my Luve is like the melody
That’s sweetly played in tune.

So fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a’ the seas gang dry.

Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi’ the sun;
I will love thee still, my dear,
While the sands o’ life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only luve!
And fare thee weel awhile!
And I will come again, my luve,
Though it were ten thousand mile.

Thank you for thinking that the people of my origins are stupid and cant spell. My language goes back centuries before your land was ever known of. If you dont know something, keep your mouth shut before you offend someone. Better yet, studying creates knowledge. Assuming creates stupidity.

Last edited:
There are no misspelled words at all.

Back when the english language was not as we know it today - ( at one time very long ago Scots didnt speak english, nor did the people of England )

'Weel' is a Scots pronunciation of 'well'.

It was also used by the famous poet : Robert Burns
In the 4th verse of this famous poem, the term "Fare Thee Weel" is used.

A Red, Red Rose​

BY ROBERT BURNS
O my Luve is like a red, red rose
That’s newly sprung in June;
O my Luve is like the melody
That’s sweetly played in tune.

So fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a’ the seas gang dry.

Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi’ the sun;
I will love thee still, my dear,
While the sands o’ life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only luve!
And fare thee weel awhile!
And I will come again, my luve,
Though it were ten thousand mile.
Thank you so much for the clarification. I knew that I am not the only one with spelling OCD!???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242