DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Amazon Fire 8 Compatibility

Helixable

Reactions
I'm thinking of buying an Amazon Fire 8 Tablet for my Mavic AIr. Will it work for the DJI Go App? ANyone know any tablets under 50$ that will work? I'm on a low bidget/

I'm thinking of buying an Amazon Fire 8 Tablet for my Mavic AIr. Will it work for the DJI Go App? ANyone know any tablets under 50$ that will work? I'm on a low bidget/

You will have to side load the Google Play Store onto the Fire Tablet to be able to download the DJI Go4 app onto it. There are YouTube video tutorials on how to do this.

I managed to download Google play on my fire 8 . I found it on the Mavic forum..It works fine but does not have a GPS. I don't know how it would work at a distance. If I find it I will share the details. Share something if you find out something.

I have the Fire 8 with a Mavmount. Works for me and my MA. As stated, you can side load google play, to acquire DJI app. You can sometimes find them on sale.

I have the Fire 8 with a Mavmount. Works for me and my MA. As stated, you can side load google play, to acquire DJI app. You can sometimes find them on sale.

No problem with the side loading. I need a longer cable to connect the Fire 8 to the controller. The connectors are not quite the same and I don't know how to describe what the cable is. The controller is just a micro USB I think. What is the type of connector on the Fire 8?

No problem with the side loading. I need a longer cable to connect the Fire 8 to the controller. The connectors are not quite the same and I don't know how to describe what the cable is. The controller is just a micro USB I think. What is the type of connector on the Fire 8?

Why not just use a standard cable plugged into the underside of the controller? Just remember to unplug the one on the side.

The side port on the RC is micro USB, but Micro A, not Micro B that we commonly see. The short cables are special, with Micro A on one end ("PC" side), and micro B, USB C, or Lightning on the other (peripheral side). You won't easily find cables with Micro A connector.

You'll want to use the full A port at the bottom of the RC. Your pictures show the Fire with Micro B, so you want to use a standard A to micro B cable.

Micro USB B on side of Fire, as indicated above. You can buy a right angle Micro USB B that makes it nice and tidy when connect to the bottom port of the controller. For me, it keeps the cable out of the way.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User