DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An "AH-HA!" moment!

Erock

Reactions
I've been trying recalibrate my Mav compass but kept getting a 'strong magnetic influence' error message while going through the process. I tried different locations in the apt.- went outside and walked around in the parking lot - still a looong red bar on the read-out. It started to rain so I went back inside and set the Mav on my coffee table and just stared at the thing. Then...my aha moment. I had been doing the compass recal with the arms (with their little electromagnetic motors) snugged up to the frame...hmmmm...I deployed the arms and rechecked the interference readout...EUREKA! Compass recal went without a hitch!

Perhaps, there are those in forumland that will go, "Well, duh!", but I claim Noobness as the culprit in my case, with lesson learned. So, for any other innocent noobs out there with the same problem, try this.

Realistically, you need to do the re-cal outside and away from any magnetic interference. I would not do it in your apartment or on a side walk but rather at the place you're going to fly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olab