DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 An Awakening City - Birmingham Sunrise - UK...

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
A second City flight from this week to share today, an awesome surise in Birmingham on Tuesday morning this week, and a cold flight in 0C conditions from Centenary Square at 645am...

The colours were stunning, after getting ut of the shower I looked out of the window to see the pink hue on the bottom of the clouds, so rushed to get dressed and out before the sun rose, making it about 10 mins before sunrise..

Still room to improve - more practice with city flying required methinks - but overall I am happy with it and think the music works well for the subject - but what I think is only part of the story, it is what the viewers thin that matters just as much..

Nice one. Seeing as you have flown around Birmingham, what is your take on this flight discussed in this link?

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Nice one. Seeing as you have flown around Birmingham, what is your take on this flight discussed in this link?
Thanks for watching..

Hmm, the flight on the link seems to be a lot further than I woud have chosen to fly, even with strobes fitted... The location I flew from had good VLOS for about 1km in any direction between the buildings, and with strobes fitted I could have seen the drone and orientated it for at least that distance, but I kept within about 250m from my TOAL point at all times, just felt the right thing to do and meant an easier recovery if anything went wrong - plus better situational awareness as I would not be relying on the screen, and given it was a cold night and I was alone in an unfamiliar area and potentially vulnerable keeping it cooser meant I could bug out more quickly if needed...

Nice video!
? 4 U - @1:45, what is the ho,e in the pavement? Underground retail/offices?
@2:25 - is the clock a replica of Big Ben?
Just curios.

Another nice video!

Nice video!
? 4 U - @1:45, what is the ho,e in the pavement? Underground retail/offices?
@2:25 - is the clock a replica of Big Ben?
Just curios.
Thanks...

The hole is an underground part of the library, whuich is the golden coloured building with the circular metal on it...

The clock tower is on the museum and gallery..

1709328643496.png

• Love
Reactions: Prop Wash
Your videos are always nice to watch. Would love to do one in Melbourne but. alas, not allowed to which is understandable. I hate to think what it would be like if everyone was allowed to do so. When you flew this mission ( sounds like a war time RAAF briefing ) did you just have your drone set on auto aperture or do you manually set it and do you use filters at such times ?

Your videos are always nice to watch. Would love to do one in Melbourne but. alas, not allowed to which is understandable. I hate to think what it would be like if everyone was allowed to do so. When you flew this mission ( sounds like a war time RAAF briefing ) did you just have your drone set on auto aperture or do you manually set it and do you use filters at such times ?
Hi Platty,

Thank you for the kind words, they are appreciated :)

This flight was on full auto, with an exposure comp of -0.3, tbh I get great results with it on auto, using the exp comp to sort out if there is anything going to be burnt out, then boost the levels in DaVinci Resolve..

I used to use a polarising filter on the MINI3, but it got lost in a crash, so although I have some ND filters I am not using them on the MINI3 Pro atm... I do use an ND8 CPL filter on the AIR3 though..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13