DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

An idea for dji to implement

HusT

Reactions
Hi everyone. flying my ma2 i noticed that when flying through tight places it would be great if dji would implement some kind of visulas on the screen to let us know can the drone pass or will the propelers hit the object . Something like the cars have when Going in reverse and on screen you have lines to let you know where is the car heading. I hope this make sense

Reactions: NickJones.1
Will be great if they integrate side and back cameras that can be view on the screen even if they are low quality.

That would be hard to do, as changes in gimbal angle, zoom and distance can affect that.

For judging clearance over objects, I use the distant horizon as my guide. If closer objects are below the distant horizon, I'll pass over that close object regardless of the gimbal angle.

That would be hard to do, as changes in gimbal angle, zoom and distance can affect that.

For judging clearance over objects, I use the distant horizon as my guide. If closer objects are below the distant horizon, I'll pass over that close object regardless of the gimbal angle.
It could only be on fpv mode. Then the gimball is straight

The camera on your car is always the same height from the ground and your car only moves in one plan3 -two dimensions. I'm not sure how to draw a couple of line in space and know where they are in 3 dimensions while looking at a 2 dimensional screen.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. flying my ma2 i noticed that when flying through tight places it would be great if dji would implement some kind of visulas on the screen to let us know can the drone pass or will the propelers hit the object . Something like the cars have when Going in reverse and on screen you have lines to let you know where is the car heading. I hope this make sense
Well ... in a sense you already have some guidance if you activate the grid lines in the camera settings.

For my drone I've concluded that obstacles going outside that square in the middle will not hit the drone ... Of course you can't judge from a far distance & go full speed in, but once obstacles are outside I know I can pass through, between or just to the side of an obstacle. All this needs to have the gimbal horizontal.

Make a test with your own drone with the grid lines activated, place out 2 obstacles with a distance that will let your drone through with the safety margin you like, creep up near by it ... then observe where the grid lines are relative the obstacle.

IN the DJI GO4 app ...

1604438656678.png

And this how it looks in the DJI FLY app ...

1604439657221.png

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven