DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

an open suggestion to Litchi

marklyn

Reactions
I love using Litchi particularly the waypoint missions that are easy to set up online and execute when downloading to your tablet/phone. It's pretty much the only flight app I use for my Mavic Pro.

But, occasionally when I'm flying and I'm at a point where I might want to linger over something or dynamically adjust my flight path/height, it would be nice to have a button you could press that temporarily stop the mission and allow you to manually fly. Then when you resume, the drone could pick up on the closest point of the programmed flight path and resume the mission.

Could have sworn that was already there...

If you find it, please post here... I've been able to use the pause button to temporarily stop the mission but don't seem to have any control with the drone when paused.

I’m not sure if this answers your question but here is what I found from the user manual online. If I understand correctly, “path mode” determines whether actions can be performed during a mission at a selected waypoint.

Help - Litchi

Waypoint Actions

Actions are performed when the aircraft arrives at the waypoint. There are six different waypoint actions, three of which accept an additional parameter.
You can add up to 15 different actions for each waypoint.

Important:
Waypoint actions are ignored when the mission "Path Mode" is "Curved Turns" as the aircraft will not stop at waypoints then.

Stay for: The time in seconds that the aircraft should pause at the waypoint. Maximum 32 seconds.

Take Photo: The camera will take one picture. For this action to work, recording must of off.

Start Recording: The camera will start recording.

Stop Recording: The camera will stop recording.
Rotate Aircraft: The aircraft will rotate to the specified angle. The parameter is the angle relative to North that the aircraft should rotate to (0° is North, 90° is East). For example, setting it to 270° means that the aircraft will rotate to point towards West. If the aircraft is already pointing West before starting this action, it will not rotate at all.

Tilt Camera: The gimbal will move to the specified angle (tilt). The valid value range is +0° to -90° (look down).

Happy Flights

P

Last edited:
Reactions: jag32266
The waypoint actions only work for straight line paths and there are only several pre-set type of actions. I'm familiar with those and use those regularly on my missions, but they won't work in my case. I occasionally fly a mission where I see something that I want to explore further (at that time) or maybe I want to set a waypoint to a higher altitude and "look around" and see if there is something that I want to fly toward to investigate and then pick back up on the mission when I'm finished looking. Things of that nature.

Reactions: ksmusa
The waypoint actions only work for straight line paths and there are only several pre-set type of actions. I'm familiar with those and use those regularly on my missions, but they won't work in my case. I occasionally fly a mission where I see something that I want to explore further (at that time) or maybe I want to set a waypoint to a higher altitude and "look around" and see if there is something that I want to fly toward to investigate and then pick back up on the mission when I'm finished looking. Things of that nature.

I understand

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329