DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android 4.1.15

No problems on my end. Only a short one battery flight but no issues with my Nvida Shield.

I'd like to know if the new version will allow you to download offline maps. I haven't heard if they've fixed that yet.

Edit: Well, it would seem that it's working now even without installing version 4.1.15. So please disregard my previous comment. :oops:

Last edited:
I'd like to know if the new version will allow you to download offline maps. I haven't heard if they've fixed that yet.

Edit: Well, it would seem that it's working now even without installing version 4.1.15. So please disregard my previous comment. :oops:
Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the value of the off line maps feature?

Seems fine but after a while it restrict me to fly lower and shorter diatance maybe it detected im closer to an airport :)

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the value of the off line maps feature?
The main reason I'd like to have offline maps is for checking the home point. Without the maps, it just shows a blank white space. With the maps, even if I was out in the forest somewhere, I'd still be able to see features like distant roads, rivers, lakes and such that would let me know that it knew where I was.

Since the phone that I'm using for the Mavic has no cell service (old phone that I bought just for this purpose), I can't get live maps unless I use my real phone to tether using Wi-Fi. But then I'd also get hounded by DJI to update firmware.

The main reason I'd like to have offline maps is for checking the home point. Without the maps, it just shows a blank white space. With the maps, even if I was out in the forest somewhere, I'd still be able to see features like distant roads, rivers, lakes and such that would let me know that it knew where I was.

Since the phone that I'm using for the Mavic has no cell service (old phone that I bought just for this purpose), I can't get live maps unless I use my real phone to tether using Wi-Fi. But then I'd also get hounded by DJI to update firmware.

Being on Android, I have to run my phone on Airplane Mode to stop the app locking up.
I always double check (force an update) that the Home Point is updated on take off, but I never 'check it on the map' as directed by the voice.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam452