DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android Issue for Mavic 3 on TriplTek Pro 8

JoelP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
While I have used my TriplTek Pro 8 with my Mavic 3 very successfully in the past I ran into a new issue today. The TriplTek successfully connected to the Mavic 3, but it asked me to sign-in with my phone number or email address and password. I was flying without any wireless connection, so I ignored this and started to fly, but when it got to 50m away it came to a screeching halt and gave an annoying and persistent alarm along with a message that indicating something along the line of a sign-in is required. I brought it back and landed the drone and used my iPhone 10R instead with no issues of this sort. Both the TripleTek and the iPhone have the current version of SW associated with RID compliance and both show the new waypoint feature, but I am puzzled as to what this new message and 50m barrier is all about. Do I need to sign in to DJI every time I fly now?

If this has been covered, my apology, but my search failed to show this issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

It should be a one-time login and forget unless you uninstall the Fly app. I would suggest downloading the Fly (v1.9.1) apk again from DJI and re-installing (overwriting) it along with manually triggering your tablet's FW update check.

Reactions: JoelP
It happens if it hasn't been used for a period of time. Happened to me a few months ago when I was using a different device and then went back to it.

Best to fire it up before leaving home if it has been a while.

I did as suggested, firing it up at home and checking for firmware updates. My firmware is current. Then I logged in to DJI and the warning went away. I turned everything off and on a few times and this didn’t reappear. I will do as suggested by Timinator and fire it up before leaving home, especially if I haven’t used the TriplTek in a while. Thanks for the suggestions.

One curious thing was that after doing this sign-in the waypoints global settings that were persistently showing as metric now show for the first time as Imperial like the rest of my settings.

By design, the DJI Fly app logs itself out from a device at every 3 months of an idle period. Good to see that your issue is now solved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike