DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android tablet for use with controller

moiled

Reactions
Whilst i am making my mind up on the Air, does anyone use an Android tablet with the Air controller? and ideally does anyone use a Huawei Mediapad M5 Lite which is my current tablet?

My wife has her previous tablet, an Ipad Air 2, lying around and maybe that will be a better option

Tab A

I'd love to know this too. I'm currently using and iPad mini 4 and I have real problems with screen brightness in certain lighting conditions. I was filming in snowy mountains last weekend and was flying by braille half the time.

Whilst i am making my mind up on the Air, does anyone use an Android tablet with the Air controller? and ideally does anyone use a Huawei Mediapad M5 Lite which is my current tablet?

My wife has her previous tablet, an Ipad Air 2, lying around and maybe that will be a better option
I use a mini I pad 4, have no issues with it works very well.

I use an Amazon Fire HD8. Brilliant! I have seen many posts in favour of a mediapad 5.

I use a Mediapad M5 with 32GB memory and 4GB RAM. I have no problems with this apart from bright sunlight but you will get that with any tablet if no screen shade fitted. Personally I think the M5 is a brilliant tablet and unlike Apple products you can increase the memory, having said that I would need to do that as I keep getting a message saying that videos will not be saved due to not enough video cache.

Why spend good money on another tablet when you have an iPad lying around?
I use an Amazon Fire HD8. Brilliant! I have seen many posts in favour of a mediapad 5.
It's a bit of a schlep setting up an Amazon Fire to play nicely.

Reactions: charliej

I use the Mediapad M5 ( not the lite version) and it works really well, the lite has a slightly slower main chip but otherwise is fairly similar so should work fine, try it, it's way better than using a phone.

Why spend good money on another tablet when you have an iPad lying around?

It's a bit of a schlep setting up an Amazon Fire to play nicely.
Why? Other than having to download the Google Play store bit which is very easy it works fine. The only problem I am having is that the RC is shown in the wrong place on the DJI GO 4 app. Subject of a sperate post.

Why? Other than having to download the Google Play store bit which is very easy it works fine. The only problem I am having is that the RC is shown in the wrong place on the DJI GO 4 app. Subject of a sperate post.
Why what? Why spend money on another tablet when he already has an ipad lying wound or why expend the time and energy on trying to shoehorn android onto a amazon tablet? You literally have to do everything manually on a kindle, including most updates. The hardware is cheap, is that worth the savings esp if you already have an ipad at your disposal?

Pro tip - it ain't.

Thanks all for comments.

In case it is useful for anyone, 2nd day of using a Huawei Mediapad M5 lite (10 inch) tablet and Android 8 - so far it works perfectly. As expected i will need to find a sunshade for it as we get masses of bright sunshine.

I also tried my Xiaomi Mi Max 3 (large) smartphone and it also worked great. My issue with this would be that the controlled clamps only fitted the corners of the smartphone as it is big and it is too small for the tablet clamp.

Not sure if it was a tip from this forum or youtube but i like the idea of putting the tablet in airplane mode.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580