DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Android Tripltek and Android phone with Mavic Mini

wgreene

Reactions
Hi gang. I usually fly my Mavic Mini using an Ipad Air. I have just bought a Tripltek 8 Pro so I can see in bright sunlight. It works great on my Mavic Air 2 but I can not get a picture on the screen when connected to the Mini. I tried my Google Pixel 5a phone and no camera either (both are Android). Done the usual turning off everything but no luck. I can fly as the remote is connecting to the drone but I can't get a picture from the drones camera. I have bought new cables but still no bloody luck. Anyone one got any idea what's going on because it's got me stuffed, thanks. Like I say the camera works fine on the Ipad but not on the Android devices. Thank you, Wayne

Reactions: R.Cowan
If you do a search on this forum, you can find a list of compatible devices. I have read that not all phones or tablets work with DJI software. Do the search and you’ll learn much from the experts on this forum. Best wishes.

For whatever reason DJI's software seems to be Apple-centric, even though their smart controllers are Android based. I guess one of the trade-offs with Android is that there are so many processor configurations out there that one has to research configuration compatibility.

Reactions: Dbez1
Hi gang. I usually fly my Mavic Mini using an Ipad Air. I have just bought a Tripltek 8 Pro so I can see in bright sunlight. It works great on my Mavic Air 2 but I can not get a picture on the screen when connected to the Mini. I tried my Google Pixel 5a phone and no camera either (both are Android). Done the usual turning off everything but no luck. I can fly as the remote is connecting to the drone but I can't get a picture from the drones camera. I have bought new cables but still no bloody luck. Anyone one got any idea what's going on because it's got me stuffed, thanks. Like I say the camera works fine on the Ipad but not on the Android devices. Thank you, Wayne
I've not experienced any issues with Android and DJI. Used a Samsung S9 with my Spark, smart controller with my MA2 and now Triplek 8 Pro with my Mavic 3. Doesn't sound like an Android issue.

All the Apple folks come right out, don't they? lol

I would suggest a complete reformat of the firmware on the UAS and software on the app. My Tripltek worked flawlessly on my mini2 and flawlessly with my current Mavic 3. The Tripltek maintains an older than current OS to insure stability throughout nonsense everyday "updates." As a dedicated device for your drone, the Tripltek is a beast.

Reactions: Gagey52 and R.Cowan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54