DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Anna Maria Island, Florida, Evening Gulf Shot

We took our last family vacation on Anna Maria Island just months before the pandemic. I didn't own a drone yet, but recall having dinner one night at a beach-front restaurant, and parked a few feet from where we were waiting for a table as a Phantom sitting there on the ground, waiting for it's owner to (presumably) finish dinner or get a table. I was already jonesing for a drone and it wasn't that long after that I had one... then two.

Thanks for sharing the still. I would have liked to have seen some video footage from AMI and wish I had my own drone then.

We took our last family vacation on Anna Maria Island just months before the pandemic. I didn't own a drone yet, but recall having dinner one night at a beach-front restaurant, and parked a few feet from where we were waiting for a table as a Phantom sitting there on the ground, waiting for it's owner to (presumably) finish dinner or get a table. I was already jonesing for a drone and it wasn't that long after that I had one... then two.

Thanks for sharing the still. I would have liked to have seen some video footage from AMI and wish I had my own drone then.
Thanks for checking the pic out. I actually have some footage of the Anna Maria City Pier that I'm putting together soon, from that same day. We used to live a few minutes away from there, so I wanted to get some footage of the pier after its rebuild from being destroyed during either Hurricane Irma or Maria... I'll probably post it. I also did a vid of Lido Beach... trying to get all the Sarasota/Bradenton area beaches recorded...

Greetings! Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: Dan AISCF
View attachment 130463
Shot this sunrise just north of the pier with my original Mavic Air , have since upgraded to Air2S
Great pic! And I see the pile-ons of the pier. What's crazy is after the hurricanes, we went back down to go to Two-Scoops for some ice-cream and were LITERALLY floored to see the pier gone. Actually took the air out of me. When I heard it was back open (saw it somewhere only a few weeks ago), we decided we'd have to get to it and have lunch. Didn't realize the restaurant wasn't open yet (in case you head there in July). Have fun when you go down, I might also be there in July as well. :)

For old times sake, attaching a pic of the pier from this past weekend.
CityPierAMI_FB.jpeg

Reactions: Thomas B
Great pic! And I see the pile-ons of the pier. What's crazy is after the hurricanes, we went back down to go to Two-Scoops for some ice-cream and were LITERALLY floored to see the pier gone. Actually took the air out of me. When I heard it was back open (saw it somewhere only a few weeks ago), we decided we'd have to get to it and have lunch. Didn't realize the restaurant wasn't open yet (in case you head there in July). Have fun when you go down, I might also be there in July as well. :)

For old times sake, attaching a pic of the pier from this past weekend.
View attachment 130484
Haven’t heard what restaurant decided to move in at the pier. Do they actually have it leased ?

Haven’t heard what restaurant decided to move in at the pier. Do they actually have it leased ?
Honestly I'm not sure. When we looked in, they are definitely doing interior work, but I didn't notice on any of the "public notices" on the windows, what was going in there...

Thanks. Brings back memories of our last family vacation before COVID.

Reactions: Dan AISCF
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird