DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another, 'Activation process' problem

Delta3

Reactions
Morning Peeps... ( well it is here in the South of the UK)

Finally acquired a Mavic Pro yesterday, probably going down the same route as most of you on here of being awe inspired by some of the videos on YT etc.

Ok, I will cut to the 'chase'.... I am having major problems activating the Mavic. All batteries are charged, the controller is charged. I have down loaded DJI Pro 4 onto a Samsung J5 and also a Samsung Tablet N5110. Both processes didn't match the few YT videos out there, in that, I didn't get an option to choose a name for the Mavic, I didn't get the option to choose which stick mode etc or any of the subsequent questions that follow.

When I have connected the Samsung J5 to the controller I repeatedly get a flashing warning box saying that the USB cable needs to be connected after switching it on. I then cannot erase this box unless I remove the connecting cable.

In short, I am going around in circles and am at a loss to what to do next.

When I open the app on either platform it goes to choose you your Drone, ( where as in the YT video it informs you that the controller will detect what craft you have) After choosing your drone, there is a label at the bottom of that page that says ' Enter device' when you click on that it takes you to the map page.

The Mavic is set to 'RC' mode.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the app twice.

Help! :)

Seems odd, are you getting the app from Play Store?
Try deleting it completely, and use a file manager to remove any DJI folders - then start over.
It's not unheard of for DJI servers to be down for a few hours especially at weekend.

Try your phone data cable connected to bottom USB, make sure short cable is completely removed from side mini USB..

Yes, app is from Google play store.

I am just reading similar issues on the DJI forum. It's bizarre that the same thing is happening on two separate platforms eg: Samsung phone and tablet.

The DJI 4 app on the Samsung J5 was downloaded yesterday, so shouldn't really be affected by potential weekend server 'outs'.

Will try the complete removal of the App and re-install.

Update:

Not sure how I got there but had first RC flight.

Initially I turned it over to Wifi and that kicked things off ( on the tablet - Samsung N5110)

Managed to kick start the Venn program > Model> Stick Mode etc I then had a play with it in Wifi mode, also had downloaded the DJI assistant to PC, charged everything up and the process of updating the Mavic and the RC was flawless. This was all on the tablet, the Samsung J5 kept going into the USB alert mode and would only disappear when I removed the lead { it didn't matter which lead I used, I got the same warning) Not deleted all files yet so it may well work when I have a clean upload of the DJ app.

It wouldn't take any old USB lead to upadate the RC and Mavic, I had to use the one that came with the Drone.

So far, so good.

Is the new firmware - 'Good to go' ? or would you hold off for a while?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22