DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Alientech Duo II Install

Lasidora

Reactions
I know a few on here have done this mod, so I finally took the plunge, watching the Chinese supplied Youtube Video was quite helpful really ( thank God for the subtitles ) I was a bit nervous stripping down the original RC unit ( I have recently purchased the Smart Controller, but didn't want to risk damaging that ) took about an hour with little gaps inbetween to study the video or rewind a few times to check where the left over screws came from etc, the hardest part I thought was getting the original antenna sticks out of their mountings, the method the Chinese guy demostrated looked much too risky for damge through slipping etc, I opted for a small flathead screwdiver to wedge them out.
By the time I finished it almost dark, but I did a quick test flight in the freezing 1deg C outside temp & it worked fine, so no controller damage, I haven't done a proper range test yet, but I have my smart controller to compare against, luckily they are both paired to the Mavic 2 Pro so really easy to use without having to pair one or unpare one depending on what I need.

Attachments

• 20210125_141304.jpg
    20210125_141304.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 108
  • 20210125_141746.jpg
    20210125_141746.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 102
  • 20210125_164841.jpg
    20210125_164841.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 99
  • 20210125_220147.jpg
    20210125_220147.jpg
    903.3 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Do you have a battery mod to support any increase in range over the Ocusync 2.0 stock range?

No battery mod, to be honest I don't like the idea of increasing the x4 motor load any more than what it is as standard.

Reactions: fd123_2000
** UPDATE **

Finally had some decent weather to do a proper test on the Alientech Duo II Boosted Antenna for the Mavic 2 Pro, I've had it for weeks & weeks & just haven't got around to trying it out, not suprised with all the arctic conditions lately, but a lovely mild 13 Deg C was all it took for me to take it to my local field & send it out in a straight line, luckily it is fairly unobstructed with just a few trees & bushes in the near distance. Anyway I was blown away with just how strong this thing can keep contact with the drone, flown the exact same path from here in the past & after a 1.5 miles the signal drops off rapidly, check out the charts, 6.7km & the signals were almost full strength, it would have easily just kept going but I bottled it as the fully charged battery had dipped to 59% and I had a very small headwind on the way back, landed with around 20%. I had two mates acting as spotters for me but even they had to move with it for a bit as it just kept going & going before I called it back, so I was limited in range purely on the basis of battery power alone today, very suprised to say the least

Attachments

• map 2.jpg
    map 2.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 58
  • map 1.jpg
    map 1.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 50
  • strength list 1.jpg
    strength list 1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: DARKSeifer
** UPDATE **

Finally had some decent weather to do a proper test on the Alientech Duo II Boosted Antenna for the Mavic 2 Pro, I've had it for weeks & weeks & just haven't got around to trying it out, not suprised with all the arctic conditions lately, but a lovely mild 13 Deg C was all it took for me to take it to my local field & send it out in a straight line, luckily it is fairly unobstructed with just a few trees & bushes in the near distance. Anyway I was blown away with just how strong this thing can keep contact with the drone, flown the exact same path from here in the past & after a 1.5 miles the signal drops off rapidly, check out the charts, 6.7km & the signals were almost full strength, it would have easily just kept going but I bottled it as the fully charged battery had dipped to 59% and I had a very small headwind on the way back, landed with around 20%. I had two mates acting as spotters for me but even they had to move with it for a bit as it just kept going & going before I called it back, so I was limited in range purely on the basis of battery power alone today, very suprised to say the least

post pics of your set up

Finally got around to doing the Smart Controller Antenna Mod, followed the Chinese Install Video, all in Chinese of course, but at least I could see what he was doing, some frayed nerves when taking it apart, as lots of tiny screws, and more frayed nerves on re-assembly to check it powerd/booted up & actually connected to the Mavic 2, which thanfully it did, too windy here today to do any proper tests, so will wait until better weather condx & work shifts etc, just glad to finally get it over with though.

Attachments

• 20210312_144231.jpg
    20210312_144231.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • 20210312_144305.jpg
    20210312_144305.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 34
  • 20210312_153045.jpg
    20210312_153045.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 33
  • 20210312_153058.jpg
    20210312_153058.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
  • 20210312_172647.jpg
    20210312_172647.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 37
  • 20210312_172756.jpg
    20210312_172756.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 20210312_173159.jpg
    20210312_173159.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 28
  • 20210312_173221.jpg
    20210312_173221.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 30
Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
Finally got around to doing the Smart Controller Antenna Mod, followed the Chinese Install Video, all in Chinese of course, but at least I could see what he was doing, some frayed nerves when taking it apart, as lots of tiny screws, and more frayed nerves on re-assembly to check it powerd/booted up & actually connected to the Mavic 2, which thanfully it did, too windy here today to do any proper tests, so will wait until better weather condx & work shifts etc, just glad to finally get it over with though.
Congrats...!!! looks awesome on the SC mod....I sent my SC to PlayConcets.HK ,China to have mine installed from a tech shop that Alientech referred me to, the Turnaround time was almost 2 weeks then I purchased a Duo 2... Haven't had Time to fly & test it out but as far as powering it up,everything worked fine and seem to connect with no issues,just waiting for some decent weather to take it out as far as possible, only issue Imma run into is battery life !did a few short distance test runs and the transmission of the signal and video quality is flawless...It's a bit pricey but it's well worth it in my opinion... Hope to hear about your test runs,post up some videos on youtube! Put your link up so we can all subscribe! Once again congrats I wish you the best of luck with your new mod

Did some tests today using the modified SC & Alientech Duo II antenna, flew three missions & found I can fly at least double the range now ( could have gone further but didnt risk it ) while still keeping uplink & downlink feeds connected, confirming that the Alientech Duo II really does do a good job compared to stock omni directional antennas.

Reactions: Cpt.Barbossa1072
Did some tests today using the modified SC & Alientech Duo II antenna, flew three missions & found I can fly at least double the range now ( could have gone further but didnt risk it ) while still keeping uplink & downlink feeds connected, confirming that the Alientech Duo II really does do a good job compared to stock omni directional antennas.

That sounds really awesome ! The only thing that I'm scared of is the battery life I'm afraid of doing a battery mod to at least double the flight time but that seems really risky! what do you have your smart controller and aircraft settings at...?

I also would not think about any battery mods, the smart battery ( Mavic 2 Pro ) is heavy enough as it is, my smart controller settings are fairly standard, I have mapped the rear C1 & C2 keys to landing lights on/off and front LEDS on/off, depending on what I'm doing i.e. mission or manual flying & enable/disable OAS, aircraft is set to RTH on signal loss (FPV) and finish mission then RTH on waypoints, just confirm what drone model you have, is it the same as mine the MP2 ?

I also would not think about any battery mods, the smart battery ( Mavic 2 Pro ) is heavy enough as it is, my smart controller settings are fairly standard, I have mapped the rear C1 & C2 keys to landing lights on/off and front LEDS on/off, depending on what I'm doing i.e. mission or manual flying & enable/disable OAS, aircraft is set to RTH on signal loss (FPV) and finish mission then RTH on waypoints, just confirm what drone model you have, is it the same as mine the MP2 ?

yes i have the Mavic 2 Pro,with modified Smart Controller & Alientech Duo 2,...i agree on the battery's weight... i just sent to DJI 2 batteries to hve em checked out... they wont charge up anymore with less than 25 charge cycles each...completely dead no swelling abuse etc etc. i do t fly as much cuz i have had no time but lately i been doun a lil'bit flyin here/there... i bought the Duo 2 cuz i live in a open area of alot of trees/woods/lakes...i also have their 2.4ghz powered booster,had sold the 1st Duo(2.4/5.8) non powered booster...i seem to like this new DUO 2...not many people like it but for me it improves solid video signal & gives me that distance also along with the SC to Drone is very super fast in responsiveness... only thing is the battery life issue...

yes i have the Mavic 2 Pro,with modified Smart Controller & Alientech Duo 2,...i agree on the battery's weight... i just sent to DJI 2 batteries to hve em checked out... they wont charge up anymore with less than 25 charge cycles each...completely dead no swelling abuse etc etc. i do t fly as much cuz i have had no time but lately i been doun a lil'bit flyin here/there... i bought the Duo 2 cuz i live in a open area of alot of trees/woods/lakes...i also have their 2.4ghz powered booster,had sold the 1st Duo(2.4/5.8) non powered booster...i seem to like this new DUO 2...not many people like it but for me it improves solid video signal & gives me that distance also along with the SC to Drone is very super fast in responsiveness... only thing is the battery life issue...
I like it 2 in germany i can fly in City 900m on Stock and with alientech 4 km.
And outside the City 6 km i like it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag