DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another case for VLOS

Rchawks

Reactions
I was gathering up my gear for a early morning flight just outside when my wife and I heard this horrible rumbling sound that was starting to shake the living room. We looked at each other in shock as to what is going on??? Both of us were thinking something is going on in the street just outside as it just kept getting louder so I started to head to the front door, but instead quickly looked out of the kitchen window. I seen not one but two Chinook Helicopters flying past in tandem directly overhead. Wow, so loud with four rotors disrupting air and pushing it downward with such force. They were low, legally so, but then it occurred to me that the air below would be stirred up like a rapids on a river. I was glad to be on the ground instead of in the air at the time not wanting to test the prop wash air turbulence theory for myself. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Exactly! Thanks for sharing

Reactions: Rchawks
I was gathering up my gear for a early morning flight just outside when my wife and I heard this horrible rumbling sound that was starting to shake the living room. We looked at each other in shock as to what is going on??? Both of us were thinking something is going on in the street just outside as it just kept getting louder so I started to head to the front door, but instead quickly looked out of the kitchen window. I seen not one but two Chinook Helicopters flying past in tandem directly overhead. Wow, so loud with four rotors disrupting air and pushing it downward with such force. They were low, legally so, but then it occurred to me that the air below would be stirred up like a rapids on a river. I was glad to be on the ground instead of in the air at the time not wanting to test the prop wash air turbulence theory for myself. :rolleyes:
Not strictly related to the vlos aspect of you post but a fair few years ago whlst I still had some hearing I heard the awful racket. Eventually I found the source, a B17. It wasn't low or even close but it was noisy and a thrill.
It turns out it was making a commemorative flight over the WW2 crash site of another? B17.

Reactions: Rchawks
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kapilsdream