DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Charger

You need one that puts out 12V / 2A to get fast charging.
I've got a RavPower brick that does this and fast charges the SRC.
But, you can charge it @ the usual USB 5V output, but you will get a slow charging alert.
And there are a ton of these on Amazon that can do that.

You need one that puts out 12V / 2A to get fast charging.
I've got a RavPower brick that does this and fast charges the SRC.
But, you can charge it @ the usual USB 5V output, but you will get a slow charging alert.
And there are a ton of these on Amazon that can do that.

I am confused about these chargers....and these batteries....the Smart Controller charger that came with it is a 12 volt output....usb is 5 volts.....I do not understand how a 5 volt can ever get the charge back to 12....

I can not find the voltage rating of 12 v for a The RavPowerBrick. Do you have a part number.

I do not understand the technology of “fast charge” or other terms....I understand volts and amps

They don't make the exact model I have anymore, but this one puts out 12V / 2A

https://smile.amazon.com/Charger-RA...le-Wireless/dp/B07MGGZZWY/ref=dp_ob_title_wld

These chargers are "smart" in that they shift into 12V mode if the device can handle it.
These two shots are from the same charger, the 5V is idle, and the 12V is w/the SRC connected.
For fun I connected my Samsung S9, and the output was 9V, same charger, same port.

Attachments

• SRC Connected.jpg
    SRC Connected.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 52
  • SRC Not.jpg
    SRC Not.jpg
    526.4 KB · Views: 51
The smart controller is nice..but another charger...
Anyone know of a charger that will do both the Mavic batteries and smart controller?

Larry

The Mavic battery charger has a USB port built-in, so all you need is a USB-A to USB-C cable and you can charge your batteries and controller at the same time all from the same charging block. It won't quick charge it though.

The SC tells you if it's quick charging or not by the speed of the LED's blinking on the SC itself.

I have a USB-C PD charging block with 30W output that I was expecting to be able to quick charge the SC with but the SC will only pull 9W from it.

The Mavic battery charger has a USB port built-in, so all you need is a USB-A to USB-C cable and you can charge your batteries and controller at the same time all from the same charging block. It won't quick charge it though.

The SC tells you if it's quick charging or not by the speed of the LED's blinking on the SC itself.

I have a USB-C PD charging block with 30W output that I was expecting to be able to quick charge the SC with but the SC will only pull 9W from it.
Well, the problem is, if SC is not in fast charging mode, it takes forever. And i also cannot find any other charger that is compatible with SC fast charge. It is quite annoying.

Well, the problem is, if SC is not in fast charging mode, it takes forever. And i also cannot find any other charger that is compatible with SC fast charge. It is quite annoying.

I think any charger that supports 12V / 2A should work and produce the maximum 24W charge.

I think any charger that supports 12V / 2A should work and produce the maximum 24W charge.
the charger from macbook pro laptop is such - but - no cigar. SC sits in slow charging mode with it. i have a bunch of others as well, 24W, 30W - nope. refuses to blink those led in a rapid way - it only does it with its own charger. go figure.

the charger from macbook pro laptop is such - but - no cigar. SC sits in slow charging mode with it. i have a bunch of others as well, 24W, 30W - nope. refuses to blink those led in a rapid way - it only does it with its own charger. go figure.

If that is the case I haven't found out the magical combination yet then. I would probably want to verify that with a non-Apple charger though because a previous poster got a quick charge from a 12V/2A battery pack, and I wouldn't be surprised if that Apple charger was just non-standard enough to not work.

It's not the watts, it's the voltage that makes it fast.
Has to be 12V smart charger.

It's not the watts, it's the voltage that makes it fast.
Has to be 12V smart charger.

Watts is just volts * amps. It's just another way of saying the same thing. Virtually every manufacturer these days is advertising charging speed in terms of watts, including DJI, Apple, Google, Samsung, etc. The tricky part is that some devices are very particilar about what combination of V*A gets them to their maximum charging wattage, and in the SC I believe that is 12V / 2A and not every charger can output that combination, even if they are capable of higher wattage.

Watts is just volts * amps. It's just another way of saying the same thing. Virtually every manufacturer these days is advertising charging speed in terms of watts, including DJI, Apple, Google, Samsung, etc. The tricky part is that some devices are very particilar about what combination of V*A gets them to their maximum charging wattage, and in the SC I believe that is 12V / 2A and not every charger can output that combination, even if they are capable of higher wattage.
my new macbook pro charger pumps out up to 15V/3A or 20V/3A. it is not enough?

my new macbook pro charger pumps out up to 15V/3A or 20V/3A. it is not enough?

My other chargers are all 15V/3A as well (~45W) but to my knowledge because the SC can only fast charge with 12V / 2A, 15V / 3A won't fast charge it. It'll still work but the SC will only pull a 9W charge unless it's getting the V/A combination it wants.

I have the Smart Controller and the DJI battery charger. i am using the DJI USB C cable. I never had a problem with slow charging before, but now I am getting the "slow charging" message. I have tried connecting the USB to a desktop USB port, as well as a wall charger...all with the same message. Is it possible that a system update has caused this? The charger and cable have been on a table so the charging cable hasn't been damaged. Any thoughts on how to get back to fast charging? Has anyone bought a fast charger (like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071YMZ4LD/ref=psdc_2407761011_t1_B07GWQ2GJC)?

You need a charger that supports 12 volts at 2 amps. I got this one, and it provides the same 24 watts as the DJI charger (I measured that), and the SC indicates rapid charging.

It also fast charges with these cables:

Looks like my Smart Controller is faulty as it (like many others who have reported this issue) gives the "slow charge" message with the DJI supplied charger and cable. Tried also with specific Mavic 2 Pro fast charger (which I shouldn't need to do!) which charges batteries in parallel rather than serial like the DJI kit. No difference. Painfully slow. Took many hours overnight to go from 67% to 100%.

Am awaiting a reply from DJI regarding return or repair. This leaves me with no means of flying while the smart controller is with DJI. Not so smart in my case.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure