DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another drowned church in the lake

alex_markov

Reactions
Site
alexmarkov.eu
Last stop in Saturday travel was this drowned church but because of high water all roads to it were under the lake, I tried from one side, tried from another and at the end start the fly from 1-2 km. away with a hill between us,
sad.gif
That's why all the footage is from high above and the signal was braking so the flight was jerky (and in some point, I stood for a minute with black screen waiting for my bird to come closer and regain some control
smile.gif

Reactions: ivpool$
Brave man ;)

The technical performance/ability of this pocket sized wonder is continuing to amaze me !

Reactions: alex_markov
Brave man ;)

The technical performance/ability of this pocket sized wonder is continuing to amaze me !

Not that brave ;) I am feeling nervous before every flight (and during them also ;) ) but after many years of paragliding, I understand that I am Not there and at the worst case I'll lose my Precious ;)

Like an actor they always say the best results come when you are nervous.

Edit: Maybe you should buy a pair of Goggles to enhance the experience. It would be different though as apparently the link back to you (Octolink ?) is more robust so you would lose those times when you were out of contact with your precious.

Last edited:
Not that brave ;) I am feeling nervous before every flight (and during them also ;) ) but after many years of paragliding, I understand that I am Not there and at the worst case I'll lose my Precious ;)
Nice video, what model is your precious?
I'd worry too being up and out that far, but I'll overcome that too some day. It's the water and its inaccessible reaches for the machine to hide in that gets me lol.
I have a backup 2nd pro, but still.

Nice video, what model is your precious?
I'd worry too being up and out that far, but I'll overcome that too some day. It's the water and its inaccessible reaches for the machine to hide in that gets me lol.
I have a backup 2nd pro, but still.
Mavic pro - 1 y 2 m 1765 km oldie but goldy - and I like to send him away, reaching up to 7km apart exploring far and hardly reachable places...

@alex_markov Your video says Montana.Where is this lake?
;)
It's in Youtube description, but I understand Your question ;)
Montana is a city in Bulgaria ;)
Google Maps

P.S.
You made me curious ;) name is from Roman times 29 BC called Municipio Montanensium then name was changed several times (with some funny stories like naming it on the name of the king in order to receive city status ;) ) and today's name Montana is from 1993 naming it on the original Roman name!

Last edited:
Ah. The state of Montana, in the US, is where I grew up. Thought it might be you on holiday over here.
I guess it pays to read the description eh?

;)
It's in Youtube description, but I understand Your question ;)
Montana is a city in Bulgaria ;)
Google Maps

P.S.
You made me curious ;) name is from Roman times 29 BC called Municipio Montanensium then name was changed several times (with some funny stories like naming it on the name of the king in order to receive city status ;) ) and today's name Montana is from 1993 naming it on the original Roman name!

Last stop in Saturday travel was this drowned church but because of high water all roads to it were under the lake, I tried from one side, tried from another and at the end start the fly from 1-2 km. away with a hill between us,
sad.gif
That's why all the footage is from high above and the signal was braking so the flight was jerky (and in some point, I stood for a minute with black screen waiting for my bird to come closer and regain some control
smile.gif

I would love to see you combine this with one of your later "dry" shots as it helps explain the context of the later film and how far the lake expands. Beautiful scenery.
Thank you for the inspring ride.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lboogie007