DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Gimbal issue

syco26

Reactions
Hello. I am new here and fairly new to drones also. Sorry for the long post but want to get all info down. The short version is at the last sentence if you want to skip it all.

My son has recently given me his Mavic Pro Platinum as he upgraded. When he gave it to me it was having the gimbal error where it does the mad sweep on start up then points down and errors. No control over the gimbal but video works fine.
It started out as a little shake in the video stream then become useless.

I replaced the ribbon cable yesterday, put it back together and fired it up and was working perfectly. I took it for a fly and everything worked as it should. No crashes or any issues of any kind. After a couple batteries I put it away.

So today I take it back out and fire it up and notice the camera is shaking slightly again, like it was the first time the issue started. I thought it may have been due to the wind today as it was a fair bit heavier then yesterday. I flew the drone and about 20min in while looking down I lost all control over the gimbal. Played with it for a bit but nothing so descended to land and the gimbal started working again and the shame was gone. Flew it around till I needed to change the battery and upon start up the gimbal is carrying on again the same way it was before the ribbon cable replacement the day before and with the same gimbal error. Lost all functions again and it is pointing down after the violent test procedure it put itself through upon restart (as soon as I seen that again I knew it was stuffed again)

So question is how can a freshly replaced ribbon cable work perfectly fine for one day only then the next day have the original issue again without any kind of crashes or rough handling? What do I need to do to actually fix this as I don’t want to just throw cables at it.

Thanks in advance

Just an update on this. I tried the gimbal calibration and it would only get to 5% then fail stating to keep the drone still.

I did some more reading and came across an article about holding it sideways when turning it on so tried it. To my surprise the gimbal worked. The footage was twitchy again though. I tried the gimbal calibration again and would only get to 31% then fails.

While it was working I took it for a fly. Again after changing the battery the gimbal would do the aggressive dance and then error every time I turned it on.

Tried a few more times sideways before it would work but then lost connection between the controller and the drone and had to sink them again.

Not sure what is going on with it but it is obviously not happy.

Any suggestions on what I could try to fix it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake