DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another great reason drones should be kept out of America's National Parks

How about we don't go dropping drones and other human trash into sensitive natural areas anyway, just to be courteous and safe? Is that such a controversial concept?

What's this "we" business? One person did it. Once. That's a statistical aberration and nothing more.

Read the article. That's how drones are a threat. How many drones had flown over that particular dry spot before? But, this day it happened. Also, I'm not interested in what percentage owns drones. That number is growing exponentially every year and not in just the high end photography drones. The $40 mall specials will be under every Christmas tree every year and how many 12 year olds would be flying those pieces of crap around our National Parks if they could? Exactly
get a grip!!! you are ridiculous

Reactions: Mr. Salty
if you want to ban them fine, next time someone gets lost or their is a natural disaster don't use drones to help with the problem.

Drones have no place in a National Park as people want to enjoy nature. In addition, drones can impact wildlife. Surprising that some disagree.

Reactions: Mr. Salty
I see both sides and can respect most of the comments.

I do have an issue with noise complaints. I was at the Algonquin summit in the Adirondacks on July 29 2018. I took my drone with me just in case I had an opportunity. Unfortunately it was a busy Sunday, perfect weather, so way too many people to attempt a flight.

However...3 commercial touring helicopter rides and one small fixed wing, touring plane flew by in just over a 45 minute time span at the summit. Alll of them made enough noise to make you want to cover your ears. So I am not buying the noise pollution argument that drones apparently are causing...Oh and two unleashed dogs got into a barking match as well...geesh!
31-X-marks-the-spot.jpg

Was the pilot smoking? Seat in an upright position? Wearing his seatbelt? Too bad a firefighting tanker drone wasn’t in the area.

It’s getting to a point where we drone enthusiasts are loathed for flying them. I know it only takes one bad or careless “dronie” to ruin things for everyone. In today’s society, many people are just looking to be offended or something to get their panties in a wad. It’s getting so we need to fly indoors only.

Drones are no different from any other “thing” that people choose to demonize. Sports cars, guns, pit bulls, drones. Same ****, different pile. It’s always the people who know nothing about the subject arguing with people passionate on the topic about why said thing should be banned lol it makes me laugh because it’s always that 1 a hole that ruins it for everybody and this is why we can’t have nice things

Reactions: Ren57
Campfires, cigarettes, vehicles of all sorts, and lightning, are all a much greater threat, and ongoing.

Thousands of manned aircraft overfly NPs daily, any one of which, if crashed, could cause a fire much larger than a drone.

Besides, drones, like manned aircraft are not banned from flying over NPs, just taking off or landing there.

No, that is not a good reason for their ban. In fact there are NO good reasons for their ban, other than someone might be annoyed hearing one.

However, in Spain, national parks are no-fly zones for all aircraft (manned or not, and at all altitudes). This means that when you are out for a walk in the mountains you don't hear the constant buzz of 'tourist' helicopters, don't have contrails ruining the sky, don't have military jets 'training' in the valleys.

This is good. Even if it were legal, I wouldn't think of flying a drone there.

If in the hands of the irresponsible and inconsiderate operators, ban or no ban will not make a different. That's my opinion :)

Reactions: Classic flyer
It’s all an over reaction. One can always find fault with anything anyone does. Nothing in life is fool proof.
But one has to apply common sense in all cases.
If cars were just invented today, no one would be allowed to own and use one, when you compare the hazards they present in proportion to the potential risk from a drone.
Can you drive through National Parks.
Some people,will always look to others to carry the blame if anything should go wrong.

Unfortunately the negative attacks on quads will continue, *sorry I hate the use of the word drone to describe our units*. The reasons are many some justified and some far from justification. Probably the Youtube vids of flights into the clouds and then falling "somewhere", the guy who posts pictures of his cut fingers for not following cautions, attributing bird strikes to aircraft as quad strikes, the politician who wants to hang his hat onto something for press exposure etc.. I think we all need to remember that our quads for now are not 100% reliable and are affected by many things, so we have to be responsible. We have to play by the rules and regulations or more heat will be brought down on the hobby. When the "Fizz" dies on quads we will all be able to enjoy the hobby as we would like. That's my two cents.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121