DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Haying Video

Twocalf

Reactions
I finally got around to assembling some clips from our neighbor cutting our hay crop. I filmed him with my M2P while he was swathing, baling, and picking up round bales this past July and August. I had to use a variety of manual settings and ND filters given the differing light conditions. I used Adobe CC as an editor. Anyway, here it is:

Mild rolling hills. Pulled the equipment with 9N Fords and with Masseys ( before Ferguson), which was a carbon copy of the 9N other than the logo. Still have a 9N with a half yard loader that I use around the home.

Mild rolling hills. Pulled the equipment with 9N Fords and with Masseys ( before Ferguson), which was a carbon copy of the 9N other than the logo. Still have a 9N with a half yard loader that I use around the
Mild rolling hills. Pulled the equipment with 9N Fords and with Masseys ( before Ferguson), which was a carbon copy of the 9N other than the logo. Still have a 9N with a half yard loader that I use around the home.
That probably went over the head of most folks! Good stuff Thomas! I'm using a 45 hp Bobcat diesel here at my place...great machine!

Really enjoyed that. Stunning location - would love to live somewhere like that :)

Nice and clean tractor job! Thumbswayup

Reactions: Twocalf
Man, that brings back so many memories of living on the farm and watching my dad bale hay. One time when I was a teenager me and a friend had to stack 50lb rectangular bales while on the back of a moving wagon attached to a tractor pulling a kick baler (which is one of the scariest kind of balers!) we had to grab a bale as soon as it landed on the wagon and move it before the next bale was catapulted at us. Needless to say I don't miss doing that anymore! Thanks for posting this.

If I had to give one more suggestion for next year, I think a short hyperlapse would've been fun to watch this being done, but that's just me being picky!

Man, that brings back so many memories of living on the farm and watching my dad bale hay. One time when I was a teenager me and a friend had to stack 50lb rectangular bales while on the back of a moving wagon attached to a tractor pulling a kick baler (which is one of the scariest kind of balers!) we had to grab a bale as soon as it landed on the wagon and move it before the next bale was catapulted at us. Needless to say I don't miss doing that anymore! Thanks for posting this.

If I had to give one more suggestion for next year, I think a short hyperlapse would've been fun to watch this being done, but that's just me being picky!
Thanks! I don't suppose you got hazardous duty pay dodging bales? Thanks for the hyperlapse suggestion. I've tried a few with so-so results. Guess I'd better practice for next year!

Thanks! I don't suppose you got hazardous duty pay dodging bales? Thanks for the hyperlapse suggestion. I've tried a few with so-so results. Guess I'd better practice for next year!
HA! I think we got $20, which 25 years ago was like a fortune. Heck back then for $20 I'd go Ding Ding Ditch to the neighbors in my underwear. Gotta love the 90's

I had problems with hyperlapse too making it look good. I tried slowing down the shutter speed to about 60 to give it a nice "blur" and it didn't look so fake. There's alot of tutorials on youtube about how to make hyperlapse like good too

HA! I think we got $20, which 25 years ago was like a fortune. Heck back then for $20 I'd go Ding Ding Ditch to the neighbors in my underwear. Gotta love the 90's

I had problems with hyperlapse too making it look good. I tried slowing down the shutter speed to about 60 to give it a nice "blur" and it didn't look so fake. There's alot of tutorials on youtube about how to make hyperlapse like good too
Yes, I've watched countless "how to videos" and it's just a matter of timing/framing and hopefully having some moving action to record. For me the best hyperlapses are those taken near or around urban areas at night where the city skyscape coupled with moving vehicles really makes for a showy presentation. In some cases "nature hyperlapses" are very lovely, allowing one to see the dynamic atmosphere (clouds) and natural light in action.

I agree that you could have gotten a really cool hyper lapse sequence. I've been trying them myself with poor results, but it's fun to try. If you save the RAW files too you have a huge choice of stills to process also, which has been the saving grace for me. Nice shots in any case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+