DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Mavic 2 Pro case option

mwardncsu

Reactions
I’ve been looking for cases to hold not just the Mavic 2 Pro, but all the extra goodies I’ve been accumulating. Most of the cases I’ve seen can accommodate the base drone and FlyMore package of goodies but not much else.

I also wanted an option that could adapt for the Smart Controller as I’m leaning to picking that up in a few months.

In searching I tripped across the fact that you can get the Mavic 2 Enterprise case for the same price as the normal DJI case - and it has a nice compartment sized well to hold a bunch of other stuff (usually for the speaker / strobe / search light and either car charger or more batteries).

This works perfect for me at the moment. Here’a a 5 min tour of the case with the gear I’ve jammed in it.

Apologies for my voice - can’t shake a chest / head cold....

Thanks for the video! Nice, compact and very clean look, I like what you did by adding the big charger in there, if you don’t have the Enterprise equipment that was good use of the space.

I went to the app and chatted. They said they won’t sell direct. Only to dealers. Any other ideas how to get one?

Awesome!! I went ahead and purchased both the Enterprise drones, both came with the same case you just ordered. I like it because it is not super big like a lot of cases can be. Hope you enjoy yours

I meant to take some measurements when doing the video but forgot - that was data I could not find on-line about the case. If I think about it tonight I'll measure it and update the post above....

Nice find. Thanks for the video. Has anyone designed their own? Pelican has an option to design your own foam in their cases.

Just got a Smatree backpack. It is what I selected for traveling, it gives me a combination of what I need, easy to transport, hard shell and I manage to fit my smart controller. It is not as hard as a hard case like the ones from Pelikan or DJI but it is a hard shell not soft as you would expect in a backpack. They had this model for Mavic 2 but not smart controller space. It has a space for GoPro hero camera. Looking into size of GoPro and SC I figure out it would fit. I took the risk and for me it work wonders. I am very happy with what I accomplish.

I had to remove the hard protective foam on the GoPro compartment and replace it with customizable magic foam. Wish I could have find a hard foam which could be customizable. If anyone know how to search in Amazon or somewhere else, please let me know.

This is what I accomplished with the customizable magic foam:

View attachment 64207

I even manage to have a space for my filter and some other accessories.

So the screen or display would not get scratch I have added a hard glass protector shield and I anyway cover it with a cleaning cloth before closing the compartment zipper:

View attachment 64208
This and image of the original product and a link to it:

View attachment 64209
https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-Backpack-Compatible-Mavic-GoPro/dp/B07D49PGH5

The good news is that I can still fit the original controller in the place for it on the main compartment so I can carry both, or just drop some other type of accessories in that space.

I wish Smatree would consider doing the foam form using the proper hard foam for the extra protection.

The customizable foam I used is the following:
https://www.amazon.com/Customizable...SM5Q87RC6T5&psc=1&refRID=KZ4E8K5MBSM5Q87RC6T5

If some knows how to find the hard foam please let me know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405