DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Mini 3 pro focus post

bryandtaylor

Reactions
I realize this topic has been brought up before, but I have read through all of the threads I can find and none of them have an answer that works for me. I want to cue this up one more time with as much detail as I can remember and see if it sparks any new ideas.

I have the Mini 3 Pro and RC controller, Aircraft and remote are on latest firmware and DJI Fly is latest version. I have a highly-rated, fast SD card installed in the drone.

Auto focus never works, Whether you half-press the shutter button or tap the screen, the the camera attempts to focus, and sometimes you can see that it passes the focus point, but it never stops in the focused position. I have tried this multiple times while in flight and on the bench.

Manual focus "occasionally" works. By that I mean that on occasion, I have been able to find a position with manual focus that is truly in focus. Peaking will light up properly, etc. But even when it works, the "slider" has almost always been near the near-focus position, which results in the distant objects being in focus (to be clear, exactly backwards from what it should be). When I have been able to get this to work, It seems that the sequence that does it is to have the drone camera pointing at an object about 20-30 feet from the craft when it is powered up. Then let it attempt to auto-focus on that object. Then set it to manual focus and adjust until objects that distance and beyond are in focus.

This afternoon I spent about thirty minutes trying to get this method to work, along with anything else I could think of, but I never did get it to focus on anything that wasn't within three feet of the craft, manually or automatically.

I'm not sure what to try next. I hope someone here has an idea. Thanks for reading this long post.

Wow. I had really hoped that someone had some insight into this. I really don't want to have to replace my drone, but I have to have a decent camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cam3n