DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Question about Recording?

Scoobychief

Reactions
i have a 128gb sd card inserted in the drone, took it out and as soon as the drone was up in the air i pressed record on the remote send the drone out and did a return to home in total probably was flying around 10 mins, just came back took sd card out of the drone to view footage i have only 2 files to view both around 2 mins long??? what did i do worng?? i was expected to view the whole 10 mins of the filght?? anyone know why??

i have a 128gb sd card inserted in the drone, took it out and as soon as the drone was up in the air i pressed record on the remote send the drone out and did a return to home in total probably was flying around 10 mins, just came back took sd card out of the drone to view footage i have only 2 files to view both around 2 mins long??? what did i do worng?? i was expected to view the whole 10 mins of the filght?? anyone know why?
Have you looked at the video to see if recording was initiated and terminated where you expected it to? What is missing?

Long video recordings are broken into multiple files. You can consolidate them in your editing software.

Have you looked at the video to see if recording was initiated and terminated where you expected it to? What is missing?

Long video recordings are broken into multiple files. You can consolidate them in your editing software.
well thats the thing i pressed record when the drone had just hovered from takeoff and stopped the recording when the drone landed on the ground in total about 10 minute flying time, all that was stored on the memory card were 2 flights both around 2 minutes long thats all.

well thats the thing i pressed record when the drone had just hovered from takeoff and stopped the recording when the drone landed on the ground in total about 10 minute flying time, all that was stored on the memory card were 2 flights both around 2 minutes long thats all.
There's nothing unusual about having two files.

Look at the beginning of the first recording and the end of the second recording and see if they show hovering after takeoff and landing.

Are you sure that the total time of the two videos is not close to the same as the flight time?

There's nothing unusual about having two files.

Look at the beginning of the first recording and the end of the second recording and see if they show hovering after takeoff and landing.

Are you sure that the total time of the two videos is not close to the same as the flight time?
no the first flight doesnt show hovering just straight into the flight probably at about 500 metres away the second show coming back bout 400 metres away. weird funny why there aen't any answers

Yes, there arent any answers... from you, to people asking you questions to help you.

Answer the questions, and maybe your question will get answered

My launch routine for all my Minis is to push the "auto-launch" button on the screen, then start the camera, then take-off. Prior to doing that, I found all manner of ways to fat-finger the buttons so that I missed recording some or all of the flight. Once I started doing that, problem gone.

On the FPV I just set it to record at engine start, and it auto-stops at engine stop.

On the FPV, when I get a "lost signal RTH" triggered, it stops the camera recording. Why, I don't know, but it does. That caused me to lose what would have been my best vid ever.

I don't know if the Minis do that too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet