DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna Removal

demarkous

Reactions
I dropped my Mavic Controller the other day and one of the antenna broke off. I just clicked it back in the hole and there was no damage.

Now I'm worried there might have been a cable that became disconnected in there.

Anyone know how to safely take the controller antenna out?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Haven't seen any information on how to remove the controller antennas. If you were able to just "click" the antenna back into the hole and didn't notice any loose, dangling wire hanging out of the antenna, I would guess that just clicking the antenna into the hole completes the electrical connection. If you don't notice any signs that the transmission range of your controller to the Mavic has significantly decreased (as might be expected if the controller has a disconnected antenna), I would forget about it.

My left antennae came out of the box with a bit
of play (app 1/8") The right antennae is solid. I have a strong
signal at about 100 feet. The area I fly in now keeps me
from flying higher or further, so I don't known if any further
could make a difference. Only had the MP for about 10 days.
I don't think putting any (down) pressure on the antennae is
a good idea, since I have no idea how it is attached.

i.e. it doesn't fold flat against the right ant.
The detent position seems solid enough.
Wonder if I should be concerned?

Last edited:
Reactions: butterflyslicer
I dropped my Mavic Controller the other day and one of the antenna broke off. I just clicked it back in the hole and there was no damage.

Now I'm worried there might have been a cable that became disconnected in there.

There is plenty of slack on the antenna wire which connects to the board. It should be fine. The connectors are not easy to get to.

I dropped mine too and a white piece that looked flat and thin had to be put back in the left antenna and then I just popped the antenna back on, it's a little loose but folds fine still. I sent it out about 4 thousand and feet and a weak signal warning appeared, pretty much the norm I think, but it seems to work fine. Didn't feel like sending it in for repairs and waiting weeks to get it back. Wish they had the parts available to buy.....

I dropped mine too and a white piece that looked flat and thin had to be put back in the left antenna and then I just popped the antenna back on, it's a little loose but folds fine still. I sent it out about 4 thousand and feet and a weak signal warning appeared, pretty much the norm I think, but it seems to work fine. Didn't feel like sending it in for repairs and waiting weeks to get it back. Wish they had the parts available to buy.....

It's fine. The antenna can be snapped out and back in easily with no issues. As long as wire and dipole antenna (the white part you are talking about) are in tact, you are good to go.

Reactions: scottyscooticery
My left antennae came out of the box with a bit
of play (app 1/8") The right antennae is solid. I have a strong
signal at about 100 feet. The area I fly in now keeps me
from flying higher or further, so I don't known if any further
could make a difference. Only had the MP for about 10 days.
I don't think putting any (down) pressure on the antennae is
a good idea, since I have no idea how it is attached.

i.e. it doesn't fold flat against the right ant.
The detent position seems solid enough.
Wonder if I should be concerned?

Same here.
Straight out of the box, loose left antenna.
Seems to be a fairly common problem from what I've seen on here.
I have to keep snapping it back into the 'ball joint'.
Luckily it does not seem to affect flight.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dorky