DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anti Drone law struck down

db4476

Reactions
Michigan Court of appeals strikes down a county regulation banning drones. The state of Michigan has a state law that only the State can pass laws pertaining to the operation of drones, not municipalities. This is the second case where a county in Michigan has lost trying to ban drones. I'll chalk this up as a win for the good guys.

Reported by Steve Lehto on youtube, he is amusing in his coverage of court cases.

Cheers!

Michigan Court of appeals strikes down a county regulation banning drones. The state of Michigan has a state law that only the State can pass laws pertaining to the operation of drones, not municipalities. This is the second case where a county in Michigan has lost trying to ban drones. I'll chalk this up as a win for the good guys.

Reported by Steve Lehto on youtube, he is amusing in his coverage of court cases.

Cheers!

Illinois has a similar law, however it "carves out" one exception, for municipalities with over 1 million people. Chicago is the only city in Illinois with over 1 million. But so far Chicago hasn't been too restrictive. Just to the north, Evanston (homme of Northwestern U) put a restrictive drone ban in place, but the Illinois law supercedes it. I didn't fly there for some time thinking that Barney Fife might come by with a "the law is what I say it is" type of attitude. There is one such case out of Chicago. The case was acquitted in court but the pilot had to endure the process. That was some time ago. But so far no other similar conflicts that I can think of. Illinois also has a pre-emption statute in place for handguns, but there are several municipalities who have ignored it and have illegitmately put their own stricter rules in place. No carve-out for Chicago or Cook County on this one, but rifles are handled differently.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seacorope