DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any drone repair options in France? Gimbal error overload message after crash, probably need to change the gimbal flex cable

tangowhiskey

Reactions
Hello, in the South of France near Perpignan. Crashed my 2017 mavic after hitting tree branches and fell about 25 ft to earth, gimbal moves but only to two positions, camera seems to work from looking at the bits of field of view visible in the two positions it always goes to. Gimbal calibration gets to 5 % then fails. After watching youtube vids I think the most likely repair needed is to replace the gimbal flex cable.

I contacted two drone operators locally (I speak French) but both said they didn't know anyone. Thanks in advance everyone:)

Had same problem last year. Reparation has been done in DJI repair center here in belgium. cable and gimbal frame replaced for 300€...
2 working hours

I'm not in France, so can't help you there, but I had a gimbal overload error and some nasty rolling shutter with my drone a few years back, and I ended up replacing the flex cable and the gimbal's base plate myself. The parts themselves were dirt cheap (the flex cable was about 8 USD on eBay, and I was able to get an OEM base plate for about 10 USD on Amazon). Like @Pedro0287 said, there are a few repair videos on Youtube that give a good overview of how to switch the cable out. It's not a particularly hard repair (no soldering or anything like that), though I also had some previous electronics repair experience, which was helpful. If you have steady hands it might be worth a try, especially if there's no one near you who does drone repair.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair