DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Free 3D Mapping software to practice with

Mr.H.

Reactions
Anyone know of any free 3d mapping software which can be used with a Mavic Pro 2 which can be used to just to practice with my drone?

I'm playing with the idea of getting my part 107, mostly so I can just fly my drone as a hobbyist in a legal way to take photos and not be bothered if I were to get stopped by anyone. That said, if I could make a few extra bucks with a side business for realitors and doing 3d mapping - even better and would justify my need to my wife in wanting to buy more expensive toys and drones :)

Anyone know of any free 3d mapping software which can be used with a Mavic Pro 2 which can be used to just to practice with my drone?
Most of the commercial software providers for that kind of work offer a limited, fully functional trial version. Just look for PIX4D or DroneDeploy.
If you have a powerful computer to use for the actual stitching look for Agisoft Metashape or Dronemapper.

The only free mapping software you could use is OpenDroneMap.

Good luck.

Reactions: BaiLongHoi
hivemapper has some free functionality as well, though I imagine they keep rights to your content.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916