DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any help and advice for poor dexterity.?

Three_Drives

Reactions
Good morning,
Due to a neurological condition I suffer with I have poor dexterity with my hands and fingers with some loss of feeling. Because of this I find my stick movements particularly the yaw can be quite twitchy and looks bad when taking video. I'm just wondering have you ever saw any adaptions etc to the rc controller in particular the sticks which may help with smoother flight.? I would really appreciate any help and advice you could share.

As always thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my posts.

Reactions: Cafguy
A few options. Longer sticks? Add a small piece of round foam to the sticks?
If the foam doesn’t help, also a small piece of rubber hose may connect to the stick itself. Automotive style rubber hoses come in many sizes.
You could mention how you are moving the sticks currently, thumb or two fingers?
Hopefully you find something that helps!

Reactions: Three_Drives
How is your control of the motion of your wrists ?
I am wondering about use of the motion 3? controller.

BUT I do not know if that WOULD ALSO require use of goggles. I am sure someone will comment on that.
There may also be disadvantages so you'd need to read the manual carefully.

You can Adjust the "Rates" on your controller and for you you most likely should. Now I can give you a video that will give you some idea of how to do it BUT What you really need is someone who is in the hobby and understands how to adjust your rates. its not gonna be the same for everyone. An RC pilot can explain how and what you are adjusting much better than if you try and watch some videos.

If the foam doesn’t help, also a small piece of rubber hose may connect to the stick itself. Automotive style rubber hoses come in many sizes.
You could mention how you are moving the sticks currently, thumb or two fingers?
Yes I'm moving the sticks with my thumb currently. Ty

You can Adjust the "Rates" on your controller and for you you most likely should. Now I can give you a video that will give you some idea of how to do it BUT What you really need is someone who is in the hobby and understands how to adjust your rates. its not gonna be the same for everyone. An RC pilot can explain how and what you are adjusting much better than if you try and watch some videos.
Thanks for the suggestion do you have a link to the video please.? There is a local hobby shop that could hopefully put me in touch with someone who could help me with the rates. Ty

Reactions: Cafguy
I'd definitely look into that thanks for the suggestions

SURE but first let me correct myself --You want to change your EXPO and Gain Sorry for the confusion

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: AeroJ
Buttery smooth camera pans are achievable if you are willing to set up waypoint flights with DJI Fly's native waypoint mission capability that works beautifully for the Mini 4 Pro, according to Dirty Bird, the Patron Saint of waypoint flying. With waypoints, pilots of all skill levels can produce cinematic footage of a smoothness only seasoned pros can replicate with manual control inputs.

The Motion Controller mentioned by @Yorkshire_Pud may be the answer. Only issue is you also need goggles – neither the MC2 or MC3 will connect to the Mini 4 Pro without goggles also connected, and when this is the case the RC isn't in the picture.

Both the MC2 and 3 allow for almost all the same control freedom as sticks, although in a very different way. Also, many features available on DJI Fly are not on the goggles version... For example, all the automated features like Quickshots, Mastershots, Hyperlapse, Waypoints. However, these are completely automated after you set them up, so using the stick controller for these features probably won't be affected much by your issue.

The other compromise is you'll have to fly FPV with the goggles which you may, or may not, like. Also you're technically required to fly with a Visual Observer maintaining Visual Line Of Sight for you.

If you want to give it a go, I'd recommend picking up a Motion Controller 2 and Goggles Integra, as they're last generation, and deals on new and used equipment can be found in a lot of places.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zephaniah2001