DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Interest in upgrading to Inspire 3 platform

Dougcjohn

Reactions
With all the new drones rolling into production recently, and the smaller crafts giving closer competition to the Inspire 2 series.
The new Mavic 3 Cine provides MFT and 1TB & ProRes as example... may meet their needs.
Even the new Air 2 S meets the needs of many.

Those needing interchangeable payloads and lenses still need a larger professional platform.
Many on the I2 could probably use M3Cine or M3 for a much lower cost point.
Many I2 Owners were serious hobbyist that enjoyed top technology, or professionals wanting interchangeable lenses.

With the M3Cine being over $5K, I'm pretty sure the I3 series "base" will be well above that price point.
Do those with Inspire 1 or Inspire 2 or M3, Air2S, etc plan to upgrade to Inspire 3.

Personally, I have 2x I1's and X5Raw and 2x I2's with X5S and X7. I also own a M3Cine and personally don't feel it compares to the Inspire 2 payloads.
If the Inspire 3 supports the X5S and X7, that would help with considering an upgrade.
I don't have any strong negative feelings toward the X5S & X7, although I would like the Platform (I3) to use newer RC transmissions for stability & range: OcuSync3+.

It would be interesting on the Inspire 3, if they added the wireless camera controller like for the Ronin 4D so that a separate camera operator could control the camera by moving the controller. Not sure if they could pull that off but for the price they're likely to charge for it, it would make it worth it for people that use that setup. And add an bigger sensor than micro 4/3...

It would be interesting on the Inspire 3, if they added the wireless camera controller like for the Ronin 4D so that a separate camera operator could control the camera by moving the controller. Not sure if they could pull that off but for the price they're likely to charge for it, it would make it worth it for people that use that setup. And add an bigger sensor than micro 4/3...
The Inspire 1 & 2 both offered a Camera Operator's Radio and payloads have 360 rotation. The Inspire 3 will definitely have 2nd control option for Camera operator. They might even have a pass-off feature similar to M300 platform where a 2nd pilot can take control downrange.

Reactions: MavicAir2Marc
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS