DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any opinions of the Waypoints feature yet......

Sure, you can refocus any time. Focusing at the beginning or before the start of a mission on any far away object will do in most of the cases...
The only challenge I see is for the scenario of flying towards an object and coming really close (< ~20ft). Refocusing will spoil the footage because of the focus-pumping effect and smooth constant adjustment is not possible.

Reactions: JakeBlues
Sure, you can refocus any time. Focusing at the beginning or before the start of a mission on any far away object will do in most of the cases...
The only challenge I see is for the scenario of flying towards an object and coming really close (< ~20ft). Refocusing will spoil the footage because of the focus-pumping effect and smooth constant adjustment is not possible.

I free-flight recording it’s always auto focussed so WHY would it not do that in Waypoints? I never yet had any blurred video except from WP.?

Ok, sorry. I completely forgot there is auto focus, as it refocuses in it typical "pumping" way, spoiling the footage. I therefore never used it (and never will). It therefore is no option for me. Neither in free flight nor in a mission...

I thought you were asking for an intelligent focus, automatically softly adjusting the focus in a linear way, the nearer you approach the object.

Reactions: JakeBlues
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661