DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any plans for a Micro model?

Berf

Reactions
Just curious if DJI has ever considered making a Micro model drone. I think it would be a big hit.

Reactions: graywoulf
Hummmm. Me too. I would also like to think something is coming to replace the FPV since they are locked in to the Goggles V2 and not the Integra or Goggles 2. The short comings are well documented (fragile) so I am thinking something updated is on the way other than the Avata. Maybe I am just dreaming........

Another DJI "M" to the lineup.

Introducing the Mavic Mini Micro.

And then we'll have the Mavic Micro Mini as the upgrade a year later. 😃

Reactions: graywoulf
Funny, while having coffee on my deck this morning I noticed mosquito sized wasps hovering in my yard. They looked remarkably like a drone flying, even casting a tiny shadow on my deck.
I thought to myself, what if we had drones this tiny....

Reactions: offtheback
Funny, while having coffee on my deck this morning I noticed mosquito sized wasps hovering in my yard. They looked remarkably like a drone flying, even casting a tiny shadow on my deck.

That would be the Pico model. They have to make the Micro and Nano models first.

Reactions: 3rdof5

You can have one if you want. The Black Hornet is designed and developed in Norway, mostly used for military purposes.

Black_Hornet_1.jpgBlack_Hornet_2.jpg

Reactions: MA2 317 and 3rdof5
Hummmm. Me too. I would also like to think something is coming to replace the FPV since they are locked in to the Goggles V2 and not the Integra or Goggles 2. The short comings are well documented (fragile) so I am thinking something updated is on the way other than the Avata. Maybe I am just dreaming........
The DJI FPV isn't "fragile". The only reason one might think that would be if you have an insurmountable tendency to crash it...

I've been quite happy with the Goggles V2.

When money permits, I'll get an Avata with the Goggles 2, but as a compliment to the FPV, not a replacement.

The main thing I'd want in a "new" FPV would be more power, more speed, and longer battery life. Occusync 4, when it comes to pass, would also be good.

I think they should make a micro drone... around 80g, capable of speeds up to 20mph, camera, reasonable range, more that 10mins flight time, flyable without a dedicated remote for quick flights....

Oh, wait, there IS a drone that meets those specs...and it's been available for around 5yrs.

An update of the Tello would be cool, though! Am pretty sure drone tech has advanced a bit since the tello was launched.

flyable without a dedicated remote for quick flights..

The beloved SPARK didn't need a remote ether.

Way over 80 grams though. ;)

Reactions: scro
The Goggles V2 are better anyway.
That wouldn't surprise me. I think the Goggles V2 are just great. But I don't yet have the Goggles 2 to compare them with.

What, if anything, do the Goggles 2 do better than the the Goggles V2?

And if DJI makes a micro drone, I'll definitely buy one!

Unless it lacks a controller, in which case I'll pass.

Controlling a drone with swipey-swipies on the phone screen is never going to work for me.

:cool:

Reactions: scro and waynorth
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman