DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Previous Air 2S Owners?

Cosmo0g

Quirky Bird
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I currently have the Air 2S, and I think the camera is great (especially in the right light). But, in a lot of videos I've seen, the Mavic 3 has that little something extra in the images (especially at night). I was wondering if anybody has had them both, and if they think it's worth the extra money to upgrade based on the camera images/videos.

I had and still have both. I upgraded primarily for the tech/hardware, though I still like both drones for their own reasons.

As far as upgrading solely for the camera? In my opinion, no, unless you require better low light performance and/or the adjustable aperture in your recreation or business. Master photographers/videographers might be able to tell a difference, but to my eyes, I’ve seen bigger differences between the two based on editing styles and programs than I have from the cameras.

I had and still have both. I upgraded primarily for the tech/hardware, though I still like both drones for their own reasons.

As far as upgrading solely for the camera? In my opinion, no, unless you require better low light performance and/or the adjustable aperture in your recreation or business. Master photographers/videographers might be able to tell a difference, but to my eyes, I’ve seen bigger differences between the two based on editing styles and programs than I have from the cameras.
I would love to see a side by side photograph if you have one. It doesn't even have to be from the air.

I currently have the Air 2S, and I think the camera is great (especially in the right light). But, in a lot of videos I've seen, the Mavic 3 has that little something extra in the images (especially at night). I was wondering if anybody has had them both, and if they think it's worth the extra money to upgrade based on the camera images/videos.

I am a professional photographer, and I had Air 2S before upgrading to Mavic 3. I upgraded primarily for the new possibilities Mavic 3 bring to the table. To really evaluate this new drone, you need to look at the whole package, not just the camera specs.

1) 50% more flight time. This is a big deal. It means more flight range, more time to shoot and compose, and less battery anxiety. You have to fly at least once to really appreciate this huge improvement.

2) Much stronger signal control. I can now fly to places previously I cannot with Air 2S. This enables a whole lot of new opportunities.

3) 7X optical zoom. If you master the skill to shoot with long zoom, it opens a new door to the world of photography. In the past a few weeks, I was able to create some surprisingly good images with it.

screenshot.jpg

4) Wide angle lens adapter - this opens another new door to the world of photography. I can't wait to receive mine to test it out.

5) Propeller noise is quieter, compared to M2P and Air 2S.

6) If you manage to read until this very moment, you might notice that I haven't even talked about the main camera yet. Yes it has better low light performance, can shoot 5K/50P, 4K/120P/60P video, but it's really the whole package that's worth considering, if you ever think about upgrading.

Last edited:
I am a professional photographer, and I had Air 2S before upgrading to Mavic 3. I upgraded primary for the new possibilities Mavic 3 bring to the table. To really evaluate the capability of this new drone, you need to look at the whole package, not just the camera specs.

1) 50% more flight time. This is actually a really big deal. It means more flight range, more time to shoot and compose, and less battery anxiety. You have to fly at least once to really appreciate this huge improvement.

2) Much stronger signal control. I can now fly to places previously I cannot with Air 2S. This opens a whole lot of new opportunities.

3) 7X optical zoom. If you master the skill to shoot with long zoom, it opens a new door to the world of photography. In the past a few weeks, I was able to create some surprisingly good images with it.

View attachment 141609

4) Wide angle lens adapter - this opens another new door to the world of photography. I can't wait to receive mine to test it out.

5) Propeller noise is quieter, compared to M2P and Air 2S.

6) If you manage to read until this every moment, you might notice that I haven't even talked about the main camera. Yes it has better low light performance, can shoot 5K/50P, 4K/120P/60P video, but it is really the whole package that's worth considering, if you ever think about upgrading.
I have the air2s and the m3. I bought the M3 for the same reasons Skywalker did. I'll be selling my air 2S soon.

Reactions: Cosmo0g and BBartol
Both drones are excellent. For the price, the Mavic Air 2S is the way to go. If you need the absolutely best quality specially at nigh or you need to adjust aperture in the air the Mavic 3 is the way to go.

I am flying my Mavic Air 2S as main drone unless I need that extra quality.

Reactions: Cosmo0g and BBartol
Long story short - I have DJI FPV and both Air 2S - after 14 comparison flights I sold Air 2S for good - when M3 was available I both one ... and now DJI FPV is seating in the bag ;)
for me, M3 is having the Best camera I ever used (I had Evo 2 Pro, MP, M2P, Air 2S, mini 2, and DJI FPV), best flight time, best signal, lowest prop noise, and RC Pro is the best controller I have used (beside DJI FPV controller goggles combo!) the only thing I miss for now is the FPV speed and wide lense not yet available (and Not sold in EU :( ) and I really think the wide lens will be Great for my taste!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremy Green