DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any problems with latest A2S FW?

BrianA

Reactions
I've been reading a lot lately about FW / App updates and people having all kinds of problems. I usually wait a while before updating. I have not updated the Fly App to 1.6.9 yet nor have I updated the A2S FW. Not sure what version the FW is. I am currently running 02.04.2150 and it seems to be stable with no issues that I can see so far. Is it worth the risk of possibly introducing a problem or just staying with what has worked? I believe the newest FW has the ability to select raw only for photos, so that would be a nice feature to have, but, it also may have be glitchy somewhere else.

Is it worth the risk of possibly introducing a problem or just staying with what has worked?
That same questions is always asked anytime a new FW update is announced and the answer remains the same; it's totally up to you. Personally, I like to stay updated with the more recent FW but, that's just me. I'm running DJI Fly App 1.6.9 on my Air 2s and have no problems, glitches or issues.

That same questions is always asked anytime a new FW update is announced and the answer remains the same; it's totally up to you. Personally, I like to stay updated with the more recent FW but, that's just me. I'm running DJI Fly App 1.6.9 on my Air 2s and have no problems, glitches or issues.
I know it is up to me and I like to stay updated as well. I am just curious and cautious seeing how I read so many posts about glitches with a lot of updates.

Been reading a lot? All kinds of problems? I have seen maybe two or three posts at the most.

Now if I were seeing twenty or thirty I wouldn’t update my software....

Your call though.

Reactions: rcourtney671
I know it is up to me and I like to stay updated as well. I am just curious and cautious seeing how I read so many posts about glitches with a lot of updates.
Many reports of problems caused by firmware updates are uninformed and inaccurate. Problems caused by other factors get blamed on firmware updates.

My Air 2S is doing fine with the 1.6.9 version of the Fly app and the latest firmware for drone and controller.

Fly app is 1.6.9 and my firmware is version 02.04.2190.
I don't update till I know I can roll the firmware back and check dronehacks Birdmap for this information. According to them I can still roll back my firmware if needed but I have no one issue with the latest firmware so no need.

Reactions: Faster
Been reading a lot? All kinds of problems? I have seen maybe two or three posts at the most.

Now if I were seeing twenty or thirty I wouldn’t update my software....

Your call though.
Yes. This isn't the only place I get my info from.

Fly app is 1.6.9 and my firmware is version 02.04.2190.
I don't update till I know I can roll the firmware back and check dronehacks Birdmap for this information. According to them I can still roll back my firmware if needed but I have no one issue with the latest firmware so no need.
Thank you for the reply. I think I will go ahead with the updates.

The release note will provide some clues as to what may be gained by updating. If there is something in those notes that you feel you can’t live without, there’s your answer. If what you currently have is working fine, that’s the other answer. Updates can be done when you make that decision. There is no deadline.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4