DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any reasons to keep my Mavic Pro? (Upgraded to Mini 3 Pro)

If you can get any money for it, sell it. It is outclassed in every spec by the Mini Pro 3 except it is 4MPH faster and since the SDK has not been released yet for the Mini 3 Pro it supports Litchi. For picture, video, flight time, and low light performance the Mini 3 pro is far better. For wind resistance they are both class 5.
My rather new Air2 S is supported by Litchi. But all automatic flights except 360 panos are a pain with this drone, due to this awful "virtual stick" feature. I'm going to change it for a Mavic2 Pro and I keep my old "modded" Mavic Pro for testing risky missions.

My rather new Air2 S is supported by Litchi. But all automatic flights except 360 panos are a pain with this drone, due to this awful "virtual stick" feature. I'm going to change it for a Mavic2 Pro and I keep my old "modded" Mavic Pro for testing risky missions.
I agree. Sold my MA2 for the same reason and bought a M2P with smart controller.

Reactions: Peio64270
I just bought my third MP1 for $50 with 4 batteries. It had a shattered lens (cover) which I simply removed and put an ND filter on to protect the camera. One of the others had a bad gimbal ribbon cable and the third one was said to be unable to connect to the remote, but it has never not connected in my experience. I have 10 total batteries, 3 chargers and a slew of props and filters. I’m shooting real estate photography and the occasional video project. The MP1 is good enough for what I do. I’d love to pick up an MP2 at some point, but have yet to find a used one that is affordable considering we don’t know if DJI will make them capable of remote ID with an update.

I just bought my third MP1 for $50 with 4 batteries. It had a shattered lens (cover) which I simply removed and put an ND filter on to protect the camera. One of the others had a bad gimbal ribbon cable and the third one was said to be unable to connect to the remote, but it has never not connected in my experience. I have 10 total batteries, 3 chargers and a slew of props and filters. I’m shooting real estate photography and the occasional video project. The MP1 is good enough for what I do. I’d love to pick up an MP2 at some point, but have yet to find a used one that is affordable considering we don’t know if DJI will make them capable of remote ID with an update.
Holy Mackerel! That was one humdinger of a deal you got there. Fifty dollars for an MP1 with the only defect being a broken lens is out of this world, and with four batteries no less. Wow! I need to keep my eyes peeled on eBay. Maybe similar fixer-upper deals might surface now and then. I also believe in having multiple redundant copies of everything so that one can swap parts when they get scarce for those older dronews.

Holy Mackerel! That was one humdinger of a deal you got there. Fifty dollars for an MP1 with the only defect being a broken lens is out of this world, and with four batteries no less. Wow! I need to keep my eyes peeled on eBay. Maybe similar fixer-upper deals might surface now and then. I also believe in having multiple redundant copies of everything so that one can swap parts when they get scarce for those older dronews.
Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace have been good for me. I have a saved search on Craigslist for a few things I “collect”. The last MP1 I bought was $250 with the broken ribbon cable. I too like to have a backup or two.