DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any smart peeps out there?

Adamisprimal

Reactions
So I have a mavic air and during a flight it reported that the CPU had overheated and it needed to land so I did that landed and upon inspection I noticed that the phone for the CPU was not spinning at all I tried to move a gently with my fingers and it had no resistance so nothing was bro block blocking the propeller. So I figured it was just a faulty fan and purchased a new one and put the new one in and the same issue occurred now how would I be able to ascertain whether I need to get a new board or if there's some some simple little thing that I can do directify this. Any suggestions?

• Wow
Reactions: Wild Drone Pilot
Sorry, but you need a new board or someone with knowledge of how to fix electronics. The voltage regulator or a resistor for that fan burned out.

Reactions: Cafguy
So I have a mavic air and during a flight it reported that the CPU had overheated and it needed to land so I did that landed and upon inspection I noticed that the phone for the CPU was not spinning at all I tried to move a gently with my fingers and it had no resistance so nothing was bro block blocking the propeller. So I figured it was just a faulty fan and purchased a new one and put the new one in and the same issue occurred now how would I be able to ascertain whether I need to get a new board or if there's some some simple little thing that I can do directify this. Any suggestions?
If you have a multimeter with needle point probes, see what the voltage at the fans connector is, there might be a specified voltage printed on the fan. Also, if you can, check for cracked solder joints at the connector.

Phone for cpu?

Was this “overheated” issue a one time occurrence or an ongoing problem?

Following

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nenad