Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any solutions for yaw drift?

Frosty314

Reactions
I’ve read other threads about yaw drift. Here’s what’s been established:
-most of the time, it’s the camera slowly turning, not the mavic
-a sizable portion of mavics do this
-first action is to calibrate compass, IMU, and the controller sticks, but the error still persists

Has anyone found or read about other solutions? As you can imagine, this error creates blurry pictures in many situations.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide!

Reactions: skan
I had yaw issues where my drone wouldn’t hover and always drifted off after a few seconds, so I recalibrated the IMU at home on the table and then I went out away from power lines and did the compass calibration. After that my drone hovers perfectly still.

I had yaw issues where my drone wouldn’t hover and always drifted off after a few seconds, so I recalibrated the IMU at home on the table and then I went out away from power lines and did the compass calibration. After that my drone hovers perfectly still.

“Yaw” refers to it rotating in place, not drifting. (As in the rotation axis stays in place over the ground.) IMU and compass have calibrated as previous indicated. (Although I appreciate your reminder of using a flat surface for IMU and being away from objects of magnetic interference for compass calibration.) Unfortunately, that hasn’t solved the problem. I’m glad it did for you, though!!

“Yaw” refers to it rotating in place, not drifting. (As in the rotation axis stays in place over the ground.) IMU and compass have calibrated as previous indicated. (Although I appreciate your reminder of using a flat surface for IMU and being away from objects of magnetic interference for compass calibration.) Unfortunately, that hasn’t solved the problem. I’m glad it did for you, though!!

Thank you for the detail on what yaw actually is. Wish you luck on figuring this out.

have you tried another stick calibration.
also are you using an ipad mini fitted to the controller, home button to the right so the ipad cover magnets don't interfere with the sticks that have magnets in them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143