DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any tips to avoid RANDOM birds popping out of nowhere ?

dont worry to much ,its very rare now due to changes in the motor angle on the 4 corners of the arms ,and the lower descent speed of the drone ,it is basically a issue that happens when because the drone is descending straight down the tips of the props produce vortices that reduce the air pressure under the props so the drone is no longer able to stay air born and just plummits to the ground and increasing the props speed just makes it worse ,if you are quick and have enough height then you can recover lift by flying forwards or in any other direction which takes the props out of the disturbed air and lift to be regained ,this is not guaranteed ,but it does at least give you a chance of saving the day, so a way of avoiding it is to fly down in a large spiral, or straight line to your home point,o the props are always in clean air
Good to know, as a complete newbie, I almost always descend straight down! I'll change that..

Reactions: Thomas B
Back to the bird thing... I've noticed the smaller birds could care less about my drone but a couple times now I have attracted vultures! I don't know their intention, they may just be curious.. but 2 or 3 times now in my short flying career they have come in too close for comfort. I just land and go else where, not interested in finding out what they want!

@A.O. just looking for their next meal

• Wow
Reactions: A.O.
only joking Vultures like their food to be dead not flying around,but birds of prey are a different story

Reactions: Thomas B
but the birds attacking it dont know that its just food or the enemy to them ,and its in their territory

Reactions: A.O. and Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1