DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any updates for DJI GO 4!?!?!?

hidaven

Reactions
Ok, finally a working Mavic Pro but the app crashes on android 2 times per flight.
Any ideas when a new release is coming? In on the dec 22 build . I'm grounded until an Android update comes out : (

There's been an update this weekend but only for IOS. Watch out for an Android update in the very near future.

Ok, finally a working Mavic Pro but the app crashes on android 2 times per flight.
Any ideas when a new release is coming? In on the dec 22 build . I'm grounded until an Android update comes out : (

Hi. Just interested......What device are you using? I use android Go4 on 2 devices, both of which are rock solid, so I can't help thinking you've got a hardware issue. Might be your cable?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I'm on a note 4.........Cable looks to be ok. Lots of folks are reporting crashes on the app.
Hopefully the update solves it : )))

Well, you really shouldn't be having that many disco's. Have you tried a different cable? Have you enabled developer options and reset program defaults?

Sent from my D6603 using MavicPilots mobile app

It would be good to start a post on what devices and OS versions they use and how they perform.

I have a sprint galaxy s7 that is 90% stable. I have had DJI GO crash 1 time when first loading the app.
Hardware version
REV0.6
SM-G930P
OS 6.0.1
Rooted

I have a Note 4 USCC OS 6.0.1 rooted and it is 50% stable
I have had it crash when loading the app multiple time and when it does sometimes the only way to fix it is to force stop and wipe all app data or it will just keep crashing.
I have had it crash 1 time during flight.
The last 10 flights i have had no trouble.
I like flying with the Note 4 better then the S7, the note 4 is just a bigger and better phone for FPV.

ive had 3 mavics in the last month and they all crashed the app. doubt its the cable.....I'll try a new phone.
Question, where are all the app settings stored? Phone or craft? If I try a new phone do I have to reset all the stuff again? Thx

I'm on a humble Sony Xperia Z3, and it really is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. Having come from an Air 2 and/or a Shield on my old P3 I was worried about the smaller screen. I needn't have worried - the Sony is brighter than both, and fits my portability brief perfectly. I'm not that keen on all these unwieldy looking solutions for tablets, defeats the object for me.
Hidaven, I think you will need to reset some of your settings with a new device, can't remember which though......

I'm on a humble Sony Xperia Z3, and it really is the best bang for the buck in my opinion. Having come from an Air 2 and/or a Shield on my old P3 I was worried about the smaller screen. I needn't have worried - the Sony is brighter than both, and fits my portability brief perfectly. I'm not that keen on all these unwieldy looking solutions for tablets, defeats the object for me.
Hidaven, I think you will need to reset some of your settings with a new device, can't remember which though......

Try turning off auto rotation on your phone see if that helps the crashing work for me on LG7

I'm on a note 4.........Cable looks to be ok. Lots of folks are reporting crashes on the app.
Hopefully the update solves it : )))

I'm on a Note 4 also and have only had one crash in over 20 flights. My son also flies with a Note 4 and has only crashed a couple times.

OnePlus3 phone used on DJI Phantom 3 Standard on the DJI Go App, never crashed once since Christmas.
Mavic Pro on the DJI Go 4 App crashed 4 times on 2 batteries yesterday. Recovered in seconds each time so not a big issue.
I know the OnePlus3 is not listed, but its a very powerful phone and worked great on the DJI Go App.
Getting the Nvidia Shield tomorrow, so will see how that copes.

Reactions: Keth Unwin

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661