DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini Anybody know what this is?

I caught this small thing in my Ring. I know nothing about drones and I’m hoping someone can tell me what this is. It made no sound which I thought is odd because drones usually make noise. Please forward to the 1:28 point onward for the footage. Thank you!
Video
I have a Ring doorbell. I live in South Florida, Lots of creepy crawling things in the night. I think these are bugs and maybe an animal below like a raccoon or stray feral cat.

From 0:54 to 1:04 we can see the illuminationt in the trees from an incoming car. The car headlights are obvious at 1:04 At 1:28, it looks like the headlights of another car in another direction outside the direct field of view of the camera but reflecting into the wide angle components of the camera lenses like into a window with double glasses. Or it is the Salem witch coming back!!!

Reactions: Tufargon and FLDave
And then later that evening towards morning around 4am it caught this shadow- look at the very beginning Of this video in the lower right of the frame. Then you can see the shadow creep up the side of the house if you watch closely. Very strange. And almost looks like a mini searchlight

Video2
Spider or other insect crossing the lens. We see that all the time.

Surveillance Cameras like the RING camera utilize video compression schemes such as only updating pixels that have “appeared” to have changed in a static scene. This ensures long recording times on relatively small storage devices, but often creates artifacts or ghosting of co-adjacent pixels to make it appear like you have a ‘ghost hog’ coming into your camera view! The ‘drone’ could be headlights from a moving car just out of the scene that might have made a turn. Is there an intersection close to your home (stop sign)? I’ve been looking through all sorts of lenses for well over half a century - a lot of times things are not what they appear to be.

I caught this small thing in my Ring. I know nothing about drones and I’m hoping someone can tell me what this is. It made no sound which I thought is odd because drones usually make noise. Please forward to the 1:28 point onward for the footage. Thank you!
Video
It was a one-eyed, one horned flying purple people eater. But the government says it was a weather balloon......

Video
The video 2 might have been a tiny insect on the camera that just walked away. Being so close it would have been just a blur so might look like that blurred shadow.

Video 1 does sort of look like a drone but also might have been refractions through the lenses of the ring camera, of a car's headlights. You could just try driving in and out of a few neighbor drives at night to see if you can duplicate the anomaly. Otherwise, it's a drone or Aliens.

Attachments

• I'm_not_saying_it's_aliens.jpg
    I'm_not_saying_it's_aliens.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 3
Definately looks like a reflection of car headlights to me.

It's just a bit of spider silk reflecting the infrared light emitted from the camera.

Video
I cannot see the video. it seems to be broken. Anywhere I can see this?

I cannot see the video. it seems to be broken. Anywhere I can see this?

The original video has since been removed. But it was very similar to this old gem posted three years ago.

Person sees on his security camera a mysterious light hovering in total silence. Ergo it cannot be anything other than a drone intentionally spying on him. Sheesh.

See starting at 32 sec into this video, starting at top centre of the screen.

The original video has since been removed. But it was very similar to this old gem posted three years ago.

Person sees on his security camera a mysterious light hovering in total silence. Ergo it cannot be anything other than a drone intentionally spying on him. Sheesh.

See starting at 32 sec into this video, starting at top centre of the screen.

In fairness to the original poster, the video his video showed something that was more complex and somewhat puzzling, with downward and upward motion and multiple intermittently illuminated points of light. It was not at all like this.

It was not at all like this.
Ok. How about more like this one then?

This "Mysterious row of orbs caught on homeowner’s security camera" was reported on Fox News (that figures).

The only difference between this video and the one in the original post of this thread is that here the spider silk is suspended at an angle across the screen, whereas in the original video the line was stretched horizontally across the screen. As the silk line floats on a breeze up/down or across the screen, it makes it appear that the "mysterious orbs" are moving. Therefor it can't be something simple and logical, it can of course only be a drone spying on you or aliens from outer space. 👽

Don't be misled by the caption on this next video claiming that this is merely a "spider" constructing a spiderweb. That's just what the aliens would like you to believe. It's actually a drone fabricating a vision obscuring net to block the view of your surveillance camera so that the aliens can sneak into your yard without you noticing.

And in this next video, ignore the creepy fact that someone has positioned a surveillance camera to spy on his dogs sleeping on the furniture (or to spy on his family members whenever they choose to watch TV), but focus instead on the "giant spider", which everyone can plainly see is actually an alien drone.

This next one might possibly be a very real spider. Stop the video early at about 11 or 12 secs and study the reflections in each of the individual vertical strings of spider silk.

Ok. How about more like this one then?

That video is just not that important to me and I'm not the person to take the other side of the discussion with you.

I wasn't suggesting that there was a drone or an alien space ship or terrorist ninjas in the originally posted video. I have cameras with IR lights and I've seen all sorts of brightly lit small objects, spider silk, mist, leaves and insects in them, along with internal reflections in the lenses. I'm and engineer and a ration cause-and-effect kind of person.

My sole point was that the images in the OP's video were more complex and interesting than what you posted. I'm not pretending to identify what was there.

I'm on my way out the door to shoot some time lapse sequences with the new M3P. I'll open a new thread if ET or an invisible stealth drone from the Surveillance Platoon of the local chapter of the New World Order makes an appearance.

Enjoy the evening.

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
I wasn't suggesting that there was a drone or an alien space ship or terrorist ninjas in the originally posted video.

I guess I misunderstood what you wrote in Post#14 in this thread where you said:

I've watched the original video several times and that object certainly looks and behaves like a small drone.

The original video showed what appeared to be a horizontal string of six(?) lights floating up/down and across the screen, very similar to that shown in the first video in Post#36 above , the "Mysterious row of orbs".

I guess I misunderstood what you wrote in Post#14 in this thread where you said:

The original video showed what appeared to be a horizontal string of six(?) lights floating up/down and across the screen, very similar to that shown in the first video in Post#36 above , the "Mysterious row of orbs".
No problem whatsoever. It did indeed look like a drone , though with more than the usual ration of lights. Sorry if I gave the impression that I was suggesting that it actually was a drone. I appreciate you defense of reason and fact.

Reactions: Zbip57
Video
Please forward to the 1:28 point onward for the footage. Thank you! Have no idea what this means.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes