DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody seen any 12MP stills comparison between Mini and MA2?

Bussty

Reactions
Site
andrewbusst.wixsite.com
Hi there

I see there has been lost of debate around the 48MP Jpeg mode of the MA2 compared to the MP2 but what I really want to know is what doe the quality look like between the stills at 12MP between the Mini and MA2

I currently have the Mini and all I want to do is put the camera in the air and take images so would be good to know how the two drones compare.

Any links to a Mini / MA2 12MP image comparison would be great.

Cheers

Andrew

Hey,

Really interested to see this thread as it gets updated - as that is exactly the one BIG question on my mind.

I've an Mavic Air at the moment and am saving for a M2P but then I see the MA2 release and wondering.

Thanks Ro

I have the original MA1 and my MA2 is arriving on the 15th so I'm looking forward to a set of tests between the two of them in the same conditions :)

You asked for a comparison, and here is one. But I don't think comparing the two is fair to either one, they are worlds apart.

EDIT - linked wrong video, fixed.

You asked for a comparison, and here is one. But I don't think comparing the two is fair to either one, they are worlds apart.

EDIT - linked wrong video, fixed.
Cheers for that, I have seen that one but still no independent Non-DJI-provided-drone files from the Mini compared to the MA2 of a similar scene. If the difference is night and day I'll probably update but with 3 hours of take out flight time with the Mini using 6 batteries I'm pretty comfortable with my Mini setup but end of the day comes down to image quality for me.

Word is that the 48MB image isn't natural resolution but a some magic with the sensor and not "real" 48Mb quality, I would really like to see a direct image comparison using the natural pixels for each.

I might have to wait a while until the buying public get their hands on the MA2.

Many thanks

Andrew

The sensor size makes all the difference....I have a 14mp Pentax DSLR that VASTLY outperforms my Nikon 24mp point-and-shoot (which has a standard-size sensor for consumer cameras). I strongly suspect the same would be true with the MP2 versus the MA2. I can blow up MP2 pics to 2'X3' with outstanding image quality. 20mp versus 48mp isn't the whole story......

The sensor size makes all the difference....I have a 14mp Pentax DSLR that VASTLY outperforms my Nikon 24mp point-and-shoot (which has a standard-size sensor for consumer cameras). I strongly suspect the same would be true with the MP2 versus the MA2. I can blow up MP2 pics to 2'X3' with outstanding image quality. 20mp versus 48mp isn't the whole story......
You got that right. The actual pixel size is important.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31