DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody seen any 12MP stills comparison between Mini and MA2?

Bussty

Reactions
Site
andrewbusst.wixsite.com
Hi there

I see there has been lost of debate around the 48MP Jpeg mode of the MA2 compared to the MP2 but what I really want to know is what doe the quality look like between the stills at 12MP between the Mini and MA2

I currently have the Mini and all I want to do is put the camera in the air and take images so would be good to know how the two drones compare.

Any links to a Mini / MA2 12MP image comparison would be great.

Cheers

Andrew

Hey,

Really interested to see this thread as it gets updated - as that is exactly the one BIG question on my mind.

I've an Mavic Air at the moment and am saving for a M2P but then I see the MA2 release and wondering.

Thanks Ro

I have the original MA1 and my MA2 is arriving on the 15th so I'm looking forward to a set of tests between the two of them in the same conditions :)

You asked for a comparison, and here is one. But I don't think comparing the two is fair to either one, they are worlds apart.

EDIT - linked wrong video, fixed.

You asked for a comparison, and here is one. But I don't think comparing the two is fair to either one, they are worlds apart.

EDIT - linked wrong video, fixed.
Cheers for that, I have seen that one but still no independent Non-DJI-provided-drone files from the Mini compared to the MA2 of a similar scene. If the difference is night and day I'll probably update but with 3 hours of take out flight time with the Mini using 6 batteries I'm pretty comfortable with my Mini setup but end of the day comes down to image quality for me.

Word is that the 48MB image isn't natural resolution but a some magic with the sensor and not "real" 48Mb quality, I would really like to see a direct image comparison using the natural pixels for each.

I might have to wait a while until the buying public get their hands on the MA2.

Many thanks

Andrew

The sensor size makes all the difference....I have a 14mp Pentax DSLR that VASTLY outperforms my Nikon 24mp point-and-shoot (which has a standard-size sensor for consumer cameras). I strongly suspect the same would be true with the MP2 versus the MA2. I can blow up MP2 pics to 2'X3' with outstanding image quality. 20mp versus 48mp isn't the whole story......

The sensor size makes all the difference....I have a 14mp Pentax DSLR that VASTLY outperforms my Nikon 24mp point-and-shoot (which has a standard-size sensor for consumer cameras). I strongly suspect the same would be true with the MP2 versus the MA2. I can blow up MP2 pics to 2'X3' with outstanding image quality. 20mp versus 48mp isn't the whole story......
You got that right. The actual pixel size is important.