DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

anybody using DJI GS Pro 3DMap function

aerialphotosbrisbane

Reactions
Hi there fellow mavico's

I just started out using the DJI GS Pro 3DMapping function. I did a test the other day and while the flight planning and the image acquisition worked well, unfortunately all the images where out of focus. I cannot see any way to focus the camera before or during flight ?

Thanks

I also tried it out the other day and thought focus might be a problem so I flew the drone to the height that I planned to fly at with the 3D mapping function and prefocused the camera. I've also set the 2 programable buttons on the controller, one is set for centre focus. My test went well, I flew at 50 metres and think that might be a little low. I set overlap to 40% between images and flight lines. I am hoping to use this software for some land use resource planning exercises, how about you?

Rick A, thanks for your reply.

So you fly to say 50m, focus the camera (good idea re the C1/C2 button), land the mavic and run the 3D mapping flight in GS Pro. ?

Do you do the initial 50m flight to focus camera with Go app.
Also when you quit Go app and go into GS Pro, does the camera keep the focus at the 50m mark (ie does the camera focus not get reset ?), I guess it must

I thought about flying to 50m and starting the 3D mapping function while the mavic is in flight but it seems its got to be on the ground with the motors off so it can do it checklist and then start up.

I also thought about starting a 3D mappinh mission, waiting until the mavic was at the right height, pausing the mission, doing the center auto focus and then continuing..

I really want to use the 3D mapping to create terrain models, survey data

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure