DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone actually stop a crime from happening with their drone?

AMann

Reactions
I think I may have just stopped a crime while flying. I was hovering my M2P above my house while running down my full batteries and I noticed a car approaching me on the street driving very slowly and pulling up to the curb near the driveways. It didn’t occur to me at first what they were doing until they stopped at a neighbors’ mailbox. That one is locked so they kept going and checking mailboxes (they were also locked), but then they most likely saw my drone. They stopped for a bit probably watching it, and then they immediately turned around and left the neighborhood. Unfortunately, I was not able to get the license plate as I kept the drone away from them, but I don’t think they’ll ever come to our neighborhood again.

Has anyone else stopped a crime in progress with a drone?

I’ve had other opportunities to do it, but didn’t have a drone at the time which I wish I did. It’s usually illegal trash dumpers out in the desert. I dream of being able to fly a drone up to where I can get a good shot for their mugs and their vehicle plates during their crime in progress. Of course, most people out there are carrying, so dealing with them is a different story.

Last edited:
Yes ! I have done it about 10 times in 5 years as I live right next to a small parking lot nested near the river . Close enough to hear screams of help. I think this place is a hot spot for fighting, raping, and drinking. The drone has the ablility to freeze what going on.

This started what I call the Permiter Check that I do at night when things are heating up at the lot.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the water and Be Superman at night.

I used my M2 P to spot and geolocate 16 or so vagrant “encampments “ on a 20 acre hillside - most with illegal fire rings. The owner of the land appreciated the pictures documenting the fire rings and location. He then had to spend $17,000 or so to evict and clean up their garbage and human waste. They never returned - so far.
This was just a few months after a fire in the area had destroyed 1100 homes and structures.

Reactions: AMann
Yes ! I have done it about 10 times in 5 years as I live right next to a small parking lot nested near the river . Close enough to hear screams of help. I think this place is a hot spot for fighting, raping, and drinking. The drone has the ablility to freeze what going on.

This started what I call the Permiter Check that I do at night when things are heating up at the lot.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the water and Be Superman at night.
Where do you live again? Remind me not to visit....

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13