DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone Been Struck By The Blades?

Today.. drone suddenly went to return home Hit a tree came flying down with sharp broken prop blades and flew into my hand

Attachments

• 758A64EE-5352-4B7E-B43B-5C0EEB7207B1.jpeg
    758A64EE-5352-4B7E-B43B-5C0EEB7207B1.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 56
Yes I have had my leg sliced by the props on my Mavic lol. It had started to rain during my flight so I was landing in a hurry and must have let off the stick before it fully landed and it took off sideways right at me, hit me in the leg, bounced off me and crashed on the ground a few feet away. I'm not sure why it did that. Even if I didn't fully land it it shouldn't have come at me like that. But they don't always do what they're supposed to do.I have to say it stung. But I was sort of proud of getting a drone injury lol. It was nothing compared to yours though. I hope you're ok.

Is that a detached appendage or what? You have 10 days to report it...:)

(Studying for 107, sorry if redundant).

Last edited:
Did you need stitches? FAA... if it just needed bandaids at home, no report necessary.
Well in Vermont we just super glue everything from paper cuts to chainsaw slips. But yeah i stopped the bleeding and it just has a nice penguin bandaid now

Reactions: AMann
Looked like Freddy Kruger visited me when my Yuneeq Q500 decided to take off and hover inside my house when I first got it[emoji15]. I learned to never start or use in house with the blades on that day.....
I was picking up blade pieces for weeks after that. Those things are hard and shatter in a million pieces.

Happen to me only once. No blood just minor bruise on the hand. I was flying indoor it got dangerous close to the lamp. It was flying low. I grab it from the top to stop it crashing into the lamp. It was painful and then feel numb shortly afterward.
i was just flying my drone qround it is a mini 2 btw and when i went to do a hand landing i grabed the drone but i must have nujed the controller down and it hit my had there is a bit of blood and it hurt all ot at first but it is healing now but pleas be careful doing hand landings

Reactions: wingbotics
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR