DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone bought a Mavic 2 Zoom / Pro recently ?

bzmot

Reactions
Has anyone bought one of those models recently? I am just curious as to which firmware version they are shipping with now, out of the box. I'm planning to buy the Zoom and then purchase the NLD patch for mine but as far as I know the 01.00.0510 firmware is not downgradeable so you can't install the patch. Any info from recent buyers? I'd appreciate it thanks!

Has anyone bought one of those models recently? I am just curious as to which firmware version they are shipping with now, out of the box. I'm planning to buy the Zoom and then purchase the NLD patch for mine but as far as I know the 01.00.0510 firmware is not downgradeable so you can't install the patch. Any info from recent buyers? I'd appreciate it thanks!

I recently bought a Mavic 2 Pro through Amazon. Firmware 01.00.0510 was installed. This is bad, there is currently no way out. NLD has been offline for a few days. About drone-hacks. com there is the possibility to activate for 0510 FCC.

I hope there will be a solution to the antirollback problem soon.

Reactions: bzmot
Hi. I just ordered the other day a zoom.
Not sure what it will come with but on the subject ,as I am new to this ,what is NLD?

Thanks

Reactions: bzmot
Hi. I just ordered the other day a zoom.
Not sure what it will come with but on the subject ,as I am new to this ,what is NLD?

Thanks
NoLimitDronez, a company selling software mods for DJI drones

Do you mind sharing the software version when you get the drone? And if you want to mod your drone in the future, don’t update to 0510 if possible

Reactions: Elgreco3
I just got mine yesterday. Mavic 2 Pro... Firmware is 01.00.0400 ... ****** as I have to wait unknown amount of time for someone to come out with a hack. NLD states that it isn't supported. Even the software workaround through the Android App doesn't seem to work well. Super glitchy. Kinda annoyed as I'm going to Europe soon and I want to lock it into FCC mode instead of dealing with super low power.

You can roll it back to’ 0100 with NLD and then apply the patches for NFZ and other stuff like FCC. 0400 is definitely good news for you.

You can roll it back to’ 0100 with NLD and then apply the patches for NFZ and other stuff like FCC. 0400 is definitely good news for you.
Have you done it yourself? From what I see on the website (NLD) I'm SOL until they find a workaround. 0400 and 0510 are the two that cannot be fixed. Unless you've done it personally and can tell me how.

Yes I did it on my previous Zoom and it worked. Patches only work on 0100 but that’s not a problem because 0400 can be downgraded to 0100 with the NLD tool. After the downgrade you apply the patches with the same tool (speed mod, NFZ, FCC etc). 0510 has been locked in place by DJI to prevent tampering and once you are on 0510 you can’t downgrade back to 0100 or to anything else so if you wanna use NLD and hack the drone, don’t upgrade.

Yes I did it on my previous Zoom and it worked. Patches only work on 0100 but that’s not a problem because 0400 can be downgraded to 0100 with the NLD tool. After the downgrade you apply the patches with the same tool (speed mod, NFZ, FCC etc). 0510 has been locked in place by DJI to prevent tampering and once you are on 0510 you can’t downgrade back to 0100 or to anything else so if you wanna use NLD and hack the drone, don’t upgrade.
I'm glad to hear you could do it... Do you recall what firmware version you were running on the zoom? For me it keeps getting stuck at 15% and the forums keep saying it's not compatible. Strange it worked for you. What version of NLD software are you using? I'm on the latest as of July 1st.

I was on 0400. It’s so weird that it wouldn’t work for you... now I’m on 0510 and it does get stuck at 15% on the downgrade but I thought 0400 was supposed to work. Even if you go on the NLD website there’s a table that shows different versions and what they support...0400 is clearly listed as downgradeable. I remember I had to try a few times because it would get stuck. But it worked eventually. The NLD app I used was from mid 2019 but I don’t think the client itself changed much.

I was on 0400. It’s so weird that it wouldn’t work for you... now I’m on 0510 and it does get stuck at 15% on the downgrade but I thought 0400 was supposed to work. Even if you go on the NLD website there’s a table that shows different versions and what they support...0400 is clearly listed as downgradeable. I remember I had to try a few times because it would get stuck. But it worked eventually. The NLD app I used was from mid 2019 but I don’t think the client itself changed much.

NLD is not professionally and properly programmed. If one has 0510, the program should report that it is not possible. That's not the case. The software from Drone-Hacks.com is better there. What is not possible is displayed immediately.

I just read this on the NLD site... Bummer... Secret update to screw me over.

Mavic 2 zoom stopping at 15%. I read this. Is this why this is happening to me?

If you have upgraded via GO or using DJI Assistant to firmware V01.00.0400, or V01.00.0300 and NOT used NLD to do so on or after 7/19/19 then you have a new "feature" in your firmware called Anti Rollback. You will know this if no matter what you try to do, NLD will not go past 15% when trying to downgrade firmware. NLD does a firmware module check and at 15%, the firmware flash is started. The actual firmware flash is only started after the 15% module check. With the "anti-rollback" firmware from DJI, NLD stops at 15% and will not actually start the firmware flash.

DJI has silently changed their V01.00.0400 and .0300 firmware and introduced a previously unused anti-rollback feature - WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE!!!!

This means that they don't want you using NLD to downgrade your firmware to V01.00.0100, likely as this is a known exploited firmware!

Currently, trying to use NLD in this situation means a downgrade will appear "stuck" at 15%, and never kick off the firmware flash. Until we can "fix" this DJI problem, you will not be able to get to V01.00.0100. Once we have a solution, we will announce it on our NLD homepage.

If you have upgraded via NLD to 01.00.0400, you will be fine and able to continue to use NLD to downgrade your firmware, the version we offer for re-flash is clean and doesn't have this "lock feature" enabled. This is stock DJI firmware, but we downloaded the "clean" version before the silent update

I am very new to this, have a new Zoom with the SC. No idea of firmware, but the controller spent a good amount of time updating this and that, and I think there was a firmware update as well

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121