DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone come across minimalist smart controller & mavic 2 case?

I'm looking for one too, but I need it to also hold 2 extra batteries (one on the drone + 2 separate) along with the SC and drone. From what I've seen so far, the only options are a re-purposed camera bag (which could be totally fine) or waiting for more purpose-built accessories to land for the SC.

I only need to pack smart controller, mavic 2 w/ battery inserted in drone that's it.

Not interested in DJI shoulder bag was looking at this Ruggard Onyx 45
RuggardOnyx 45 Camera/Camcorder Shoulder Bag

Polar Pro has one for regular controller not smart controller.

No offense but I doubt you'll find smaller or more minimal than the shoulder bag you already have.

However, there are a ton of cases on Amazon. I literally did a 2 second search and 100 of them popped up.

Last edited:
I only need to pack smart controller, mavic 2 w/ battery inserted in drone that's it.

Not interested in DJI shoulder bag was looking at this Ruggard Onyx 45
RuggardOnyx 45 Camera/Camcorder Shoulder Bag

Polar Pro has one for regular controller not smart controller.
That is an exceptional price. Bigger than the minimum size for just those few items.

As I wrote in another similar thread (Canada Drone was there (g)), the DJI Fly-More case really is small and tightly packs but is quite pricey. I had tossed it into my closet deciding it was not for me. But when I decided to go hiking last week, it wound up perfect. I packed it and then easily packed it into my Osprey daypack.

I'm looking for one too, but I need it to also hold 2 extra batteries (one on the drone + 2 separate) along with the SC and drone. From what I've seen so far, the only options are a re-purposed camera bag (which could be totally fine) or waiting for more purpose-built accessories to land for the SC.
I have the Lykus bag and like it. If I would go for rugged hard case I would buy this:

Carrying Case for DJI Mavic 2 and DJI Smart Controller - Compact Edition

It is even a bit smaller than the Lykus, holds what you want (+ more like the 2 chargers etc) and is made for the SC. I don't see it yet on Amazon but you can buy direct from the (German) manufacturer.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
I have the Lykus bag and like it. If I would go for rugged hard case I would buy this:

Carrying Case for DJI Mavic 2 and DJI Smart Controller - Compact Edition

It is even a bit smaller than the Lykus, holds what you want (+ more like the 2 chargers etc) and is made for the SC. I don't see it yet on Amazon but you can buy direct from the (German) manufacturer.

Thanks. As far as hard cases are concerned, GPC also has one with a dedicated SC insert if anyone is interested: DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom w/Smart Controller Case | GPC, Inc

Looks a bit bigger than the one you linked though.

Reactions: Skyflyer129
"... Looks a bit bigger than the one you linked though.... "

Yes, but Canadadrone was asking for something smallish.
mc-cases also have a case for M2 with SC that is bigger. For the same size case but with the normal controller, they sell an insert that converts one of the spaces into a space for the SC, so people can have a case that has a dedicated slot for a standard controller and one for a SC, and still have lots of room for other things.

I have my Mavic 2 Pro and spare batteries inside the GoPro "Casey" case which fits nicely inside my GoPro Seeker backpack. Not finding much of anything for the Smart Controller. Currently I just have a screen protector on it and treat it with care when it gets packed in the backpack.

"... Looks a bit bigger than the one you linked though.... "

Yes, but Canadadrone was asking for something smallish.
mc-cases also have a case for M2 with SC that is bigger. For the same size case but with the normal controller, they sell an insert that converts one of the spaces into a space for the SC, so people can have a case that has a dedicated slot for a standard controller and one for a SC, and still have lots of room for other things.

Ahem....hahaha!

Reactions: xOperator
I use a Domke F-803. The center compartment fits the drone like a glove and adds extra padding around it. Everything including my Smart Controller fits no problem with space to spare. I have two batteries in a lipo bag in the bottom of one side. The drone in the middle and the controller on the other side. I can go out with as little as i want or everything i have all in a compact little package.

Attachments

• IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0306.jpg
    IMG_0306.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg