DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone disassembled a gimbal?

Wokka Wokka

Reactions
I don't mean to replace the flat cable or the video cable, I mean taken apart the actual gimbal motors at the pivot points. (I've replaced video and flat cables, that's not a problem)

I have a couple of gimbals, one of them is bent a bit beyond 90 degrees , so the camera hits the side when starting up (previous owner had a very heavy crash), and a second gimbal that feels fine on two of the axis, but one of them doesn't feel as free as the other two (again, previous owner crashed, ripped gimbal off completely). It's not particularly stiff, but definitely not quite as floppy as the other gimbal or other joints, and also doesn't have a hard stop when rotated one way, which the other gimbal and the one on my working Mavic Pro seem to have.

I was hoping to be able to dismantle the joint and put together one working gimbal from all the good bits of the two I have, but I can't seem to get the gimbal joints apart. I've removed the single visible screw, but don't want to force things.

It's probably not a common thing for people to take apart, but I figure I've got nothing to lose by asking....

It's basically impossible to take it apart nondestructively.

You can get the whole gimbal arm assembly for cheap though, seems around $35.

Thought that might be the case, I've seen them for reasonable prices so will just replace it.

Being a cheapskate who likes fixing stuff, it irritates me to have two slightly damaged gimbals and not be able to combine them into one good one. Oh well, can't win them all.

Reactions: Bill combs
Hi, Did you ever get the bearing apart? Im having the same issue in my mavic 2's and yes this part has gone up considerably as they are trying to make it impossible to fix. The gimbal motors y x and motors used to be plentiful for under $20 now they are %50 and just became available. Anyway, I thk they are suppossed to be removed and maybe thats hown they get the ribbons attached. I am not good at that and have ruined a couple to parts trying to attach them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60