DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone fly the Greek islands of Mykonos and Santorini?

jac1957

Reactions
I was On Mykonos and Santorini a number of years back. Spectacular scenery and sunsets. Any idea of the laws concerning flying on these two islands?

Most countries have a set of rules posted on the internet.
I'm not being smart, but maybe consider doing a google search and you can be self assured you will have the absolute correct information.
Good luck

Reactions: Gindra
Most countries have a set of rules posted on the internet.
I'm not being smart, but maybe consider doing a google search and you can be self assured you will have the absolute correct information.
Good luck
you're not being smart. That is good advice. When I went to Santorini the first time I just remember coming into the caldera on the boat and just looking up at that cliff. Amazing.

Reactions: Gindra
Sorry, no new advise on laws. But looks like a cool destination. That place changed the world when it blew. Biggest of ALL time. Would love to go, while it’s nice and quiet. Awesome views, from what I see on TV.

Be sure to post some pictures when you get back, if you go. Take care

Hi jac1957, I have been to Mykonos and Santorini myself a few times and would love to return to get my drone up there for some excellent videos and pics. I guess in regards to regulations, it will depend on when you will be flying there. The EU will introduce new drone legislation as of July 1, 2020, see link here: Civil drones (Unmanned aircraft) | | EASA

That means after 7/1 it will pretty much depend on how quickly Greece as a member of the EU will make the new rules effective within their jurisdiction/geography. If you are lucky, you might still be able to fly there before 7/1......good luck and happy flying..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC